CHAPTER IV: second first encounter

═════════════

═════════════

◦♔ TW : none.

•:•.•:•.•:•:•:•:•:•:•:•☾

•:•:•:•:•:•:•:•☾

☽•:•.•:•.•:•:•:•:•:•:•:•

THE FRIEND group consisting of the dream team, punz, connor, ponk, hbomb, quackity, and king decided to hangout during the weekend, already wanting to drop out on their first week of senior year. they all agreed on visiting the rope swing by the infamous lake where the homecoming party took place just mere days ago.

when they got there, the boys immediately stripped down their clothes, letting the sun graze at their exposed skin while wearing swim trunks. hbomb and ponk ran in front of one another, fighting over who wanted to go on the rope swing first. meanwhile, connor and george were having some conversation, walking into the break of shore, standing in water that reached up to their knees.

hbomb got the final verdict and used the rope swing first, backing up on the rock's edge that everyone was standing on in order to gain some momentum. "you need a boost?" ponk asked sheepishly. "no.. NO! I SWEAR TO GOD I'M-" hbomb complained, ponk running from behind him. this prompted him to start taking off earlier than he wanted, running off the rock before ponk could lay a hand on him.

hbomb landed sloppily in the water, hearing a chorus of laughs directed at him when he broke the surface. he made eye contact with ponk and stuck his tongue out at her. they retaliated back from land, flipping hbomb off. then the lineup continued until everyone used the rope swing to dive into the water, quackity being the last one to go because he was the shortest.

overall, everyone was having a fun time, some goofing off as the dream team started fighting in the water—splashing and screaming at each other—some staying on the shore or walking within the woods to converse, and some going back and forth between the rope swing and swimming in the water.

they stayed around the lake, everyone doing their own things to relax, until they started hearing voices and screeches coming from the woods, getting closer to their group. "hey guys! there's some girls on their way over here." quackity said, running towards everyone from the woods. there was a small chorus of "ooooh" and "ayyyy" mixed together, sapnap and punz high-fiving one another. "HEY! stay respectful! i'm looking at you george!" quackity exclaimed.

"wHat!? what did i do??" george yelled back in response. "YOU'RE BRITISH!" quackity, sapnap, dream, and king shouted back just as loudly and in synchrony, making everyone laugh.

in no time, quackity's claims were confirmed as a group of eight girls started making their way over from across the lake, two paddle boards being used while the other five girls swam the entire time. the boys continued on doing their own things until the girls came up close, their laughs, giggles, and snippets of conversation becoming perceivable.

"AYO NICE RIDE!" sapnap, who was at the edge of the rock near the rope swing, yelled out down at the girls on their paddle boards, one paddle board with two people on it while the other had one person. all the girls giggled and said hello towards everyone, the boys saying hi back.

the girls swimming immediately made their way to shore, running out of the water to go up the rock and use the rope swing, one person who was riding on the back part of one of the paddle boards with their friend at the front carefully went in the water and caught up with the rest of their friends at the rock. hannah was in front, greeting sapnap and punz and talking with them.

king and connor were in conversation, deciding to use the rope swing since connor expressed a liking towards one of the girls. the duo went in line, waiting until it was their turn and the rock was supposedly cleared out of people. that was until king and connor turned around to check behind them, and found one person who was straggling behind them. they haven't spoken a word since they weren't around their friends, getting off the paddle board last.

king's eyes widened a tiny bit, realizing that he was looking straight into the face of the person he's been thinking about—the golden angel he last saw at the library with skeppy. when they made eye contact with him, they smiled, both of them recognizing one another. it was the first time that they saw each other up close besides the homecoming party.

king instantly smiled back, finding their smile contagious. "you can go first." king let out, feeling his throat hitch as he put his hand on connor's shoulder, and directed his friend to stand to the side to give them space. their smile only widened at the gesture. they did a small bow with their head and thanked king in a quiet voice, making his heart flutter.

connor and king kept their eyes on them, watching them grab the rope swing with little reluctancy yet with a firm neediness. when they started backing away, hannah and the rest of the girls in the water cheered them on.

you began to take a deep breath to subside the adrenaline coursing through you, relaxing your shoulders into a new experience. that's when you went for it, running off the rock with as much momentum as possible, jumping off the edge to dive into the water.

═════════════

w.c.: 900+