CHAPTER V: it's a date

═════════════

◦♔     TW : mentions of drugs and anxiety.

◦♔     ✵ ✵ ✵ - signals flashbacks

◦♔     Y/F/D - your favorite dessert

•:•.•:•.•:•:•:•:•:•:•:•☾

•:•:•:•:•:•:•:•☾

☽•:•.•:•.•:•:•:•:•:•:•:•

✵ ✵ ✵

KING MUSTERED UP all the courage in him to go up to his crush, seeing as they were alone now, sitting at some rocks on the other end of the lake near the woods, their feet dipped in the cool water. earlier, he couldn't stop himself from admiring them every once in a while as he was trying to converse within a group conversation, admittedly not paying attention and getting lost within the other person talking amongst a different group.

he liked the way their one-piece swimsuit hugged their curves, and how even though their hair was damp and tangled from swimming, they still managed to look beautiful in every single way. sometimes, they'd look over his way and meet his eyes, making him feel flustered when they'd send him a sweet smile and then look away. he didn't just crave a smile from afar though. he actually wanted to talk to them.

king took some deep breaths on the way over to you, trying to shake off his worries and just have a casual conversation. his feet eventually stopped, toes digging within the weighted sand. you felt a presence from behind you, looking over to see the acid-tripped man from the party. seeing him stare at you with those same glossy eyes made you feel giddy inside, smiling up at him.

"hey stranger." you said first, smile still plastered on your face. he stifled a laugh, scratching the back of his neck. "hey. mind if i sit here?" he asked. you nodded, scooting over slightly as he sat himself down on your left. "i just wanted to thank you for taking care of me at the party. helped me avoid a mad hangover." he said in a soft tone, looking at you with gratefulness.

your smile widened, feeling like your cheeks were gonna start dusting with pink. "no problem. who knew hanging out with someone too high for their own good was better than partying." you shrugged off, joking a tad bit. he chuckled. "well now you know what that's like." he moved his feet around, creating some irregular-shaped, rippling rings in the water.

"so could i get the name of my acid savior or no?" he said, presenting a playful attitude that made you giggle quietly. "y/n. you?" "terrence. but please call me king." you stuck your hand out for a handshake, being used to formality. this made king slightly taken aback, however, he shook your hand gently, liking the simple skin contact that made him feel like electric was coursing through him.