CHAPTER XL: Emperor K. of Manberg

═════════════

◦♔ TW : none.

•:•.•:•.•:•:•:•:•:•:•:•☾

•:•:•:•:•:•:•:•☾

☽•:•.•:•.•:•:•:•:•:•:•:•

THE AUDIENCE ROARED, every l'manbergian's—and a select few elites from greater dream smp—eyes set on the grand, front stages made of polished wood, and decorated with minimalism. the smell of baked goods with a hint of cigar smoke lingered in the air, manifesting a rather pleasant and overall, elated atmosphere after the many mini clashes that have been going down between each party (with the slight exception of the coconut party).

backstage, the election parties separated themselves, thinking amongst one another. king's eyes glanced around, spotting wilbur and tommy—the pog party—talking to one another, tommy looking nervous and frantically gesturing; niki and fundy—the coconut party—having a quiet discussion with niki seemingly trying to comfort an anxiety-ridden fundy who was pacing back and forth; and quackity—the swag party—pacing around as well, but at a much slower pace, seemingly taking his time to analyze his thoughts instead of those thoughts racing through his head.

king stood at the edge of the backstage area, appearing calm and collected with his arms crossed, back against the wall. he diverted his gaze and looked towards the open, eyes analyzing the tall walls in the distance that separated l'manberg's territory from others. he watched the knights pace around from each side of the wall, doing their job while also turning around to watch what was happening on l'manberg's election stage. that sparked some spontaneous thoughts of confidence, daydreaming what it would be like to win the election. i wonder what this place looks like without the walls. king thought to himself.

before he could lose himself in his imagination, he touched back with reality upon hearing wilbur's voice. "alright. is everyone ready?" wilbur asked, seeing confirmation from everyone nodding. "good. i wish all of you the best of luck." wilbur declared professionally, bowing his head down in curtesy. everyone did something of that sort whether is was a nod or a bow in reciprocation. the audience was officially riled up once wilbur's name was announced, seeing the man in his signature l'manberg uniform walk out from behind the curtains and onto the podium.

"hello all! welcome to the l'manberg election!" wilbur said, his smile creating dimples within his cheeks that the audience mirrored, clapping and cheering enthusiastically. everything from here went pretty smoothly, every party going up to the podium to give out their speeches, each one being followed by cheers and claps. king even gave a somewhat unprepared speech that he had to improvise on in the moment, sounding and presenting himself as very professional and well-fit for government. watching in the distance, dream could see that the man was definitely into political science, smiling under his mask after king's speech.