CHAPTER XXXIII: the wrong closure

═════════════

◦♔     TW : mentions of death and bruising, drug usage/drink spiking/mentions of tripping out.

◦♔ DEFINITIONS / definitions within reading are marked by an asterisk ( * )

* tracers - visual trails of varying lengths and opacity being left behind moving objects in a manner that is similar to those found in long exposure photography (i didn't know it had a name until now).

•:•.•:•.•:•:•:•:•:•:•:•☾

•:•:•:•:•:•:•:•☾

☽•:•.•:•.•:•:•:•:•:•:•:•

FOOTSTEPS UPON FOOTSTEPS shuffled hurriedly down the hallways, gradually declining as each person turned to go into their specialized classrooms. king sped up as his classroom was all the way at the other end of the campus. that's just great.

the hallways began emptying, leaving king to resort to jogging, trying his best to be punctual. who knew that his time would be cut short when he was about to pass by another hallway. about to. "terrence?" he immediately came to a grave halt, hyperventilating as he recognized that very sweet, sensitive voice that muttered his name in a gentle yet inquisitive tone.

king cautiously turned his head to peer down the hallway on his left, thinking he was hallucinating. his eyes captured your figure from what appeared to be the far end of the hallway. you were wearing the same night clothes on the day you died, and there was a bruised line that wrapped around your neck like a choker.

he shook his head, rubbing his eyes and doing a double take. your figure was still there, looking lively and realistic despite some of the blue tints within your pale skin, your stained mascara also running down your cheeks. "terrence?" you repeated, still with some curiosity in your voice. "yes, baby? is that you?" king cooed. his eyes went wide, many emotions displayed in them. he crept forward in the hallway, being careful with his steps as to not scare you.

whether you were a ghost or not, he didn't care. this was the last time he could ever see you, or to even grasp your presence. this moment felt very vital to him. once he was as close as he could get to you, still some distance between the two of you, he stopped, standing in front of you. you tilted his head at him, making his heart drop. "my gosh you're so real..." king muttered, feeling utterly shell shocked as it felt like your warm presence was coiling around the room.

the two of you kept standing around, not moving a muscle, still staring at one another like you were having a standoff. "y/n/n.." king spoke out softly, about to take steps forward as he had the desperate need to touch you, to feel his fingers running along your skin. before that could happen though, you instantly gasped as you heard your name click into your hearing. the gesture made king jolt, his stomach immediately filling with worry. oh shit oh shit oh shit. did i do something wrong? king thought, becoming anxious.