CHAPTER VII: kingly

═════════════

◦♔ TW : none.

•:•.•:•.•:•:•:•:•:•:•:•☾

•:•:•:•:•:•:•:•☾

☽•:•.•:•.•:•:•:•:•:•:•:•

WHEN THE LAST DISMISSAL bell went off, the hallways crowded in order to instantly be emptied, students gravitating towards the front exit doors of the school. that's when everyone knew that they would feel a little happier (or sadder for that matter), escaping from crammed classrooms and unhelpful teachers.

king walked down the front steps by himself, looking around at the waves of people passing right by him. he was contemplating whether to wait for milo or not since they usually walked home together, and he didn't know where his younger brother was. he's probably late. king thought to himself.

making his way on the sidewalk, he stopped midway, moving to the side on the school lawn. he took out his communicator from his backpack, dialing milo's number. after two missed calls, milo not picking up, king sighed, turning off his communicator and scanning the area around him.

at the end of the sidewalk, he squinted his eyes, trying to make sure his eyes were seeing correctly. he saw your figure standing at the edge of the sidewalk on your communicator. you seemed to be struggling a bit, your fingers pressing the numbers on the device and then looking up every once in a while, your foot slightly tapping on the concrete.

king decided he had nothing better to do, glancing behind him briefly to see no sign of milo anywhere. that's when he moved his feet, walking all the way down the sidewalk towards you, his communicator still in hand. when he made it to you, he tapped your shoulder, gaining your attention.

"hey y/n. doing okay?" king asked, feeling a smile about to spread on his lips while looking down at your face. he couldn't help it whenever he was around you. you smiled up at him. "hey king. um.. i'm doing alright i guess." "didn't know you owned a communicator." king nodded down towards the device in your hands. your eyes flickered between your communicator and his, making you shift a little.

"aha yeah.. but it's not working right now. the new tech is a pain in the neck." you sighed, your arms trailing down to your sides. "what happened with it?" king asked, his brows furrowed slightly in worry. "it's not letting me call my uncle. he was supposed to pick me up right now." you admitted, biting your lip in frustration. king tilted his head briefly in thought before something clicked in his head.

"where do you live if you don't mind me asking? is it far from here?" he asked curiously. "um no. not really. [insert the name of a street here] street." king raised his eyebrows. "really? i live like three blocks away from there." he held a pleasant smile on his face, pleased to find out you lived near him. "you know milo is supposed to be with me but he's uh.. running late. want me to walk you home?" king offered, seeing a smile sprawling out on your lips.