CHAPTER XXXVII: petty mornings

═════════════

═════════════

◦♔ TW : gore/murder/blood, implications of suicide, mentions of drugging.

•:•.•:•.•:•:•:•:•:•:•:•☾

•:•:•:•:•:•:•:•☾

☽•:•.•:•.•:•:•:•:•:•:•:•

SPLIT. SLICE. the original colors of the paint on the walls instantly turned red, becoming covered by blood. king let out a heavy grunt, swinging the axe down one more time with the last amount of force and momentum he could muster, watching with crazed eyes as the blade chopped through flesh and guts.

he finally backed away, feeling the muscles on his back tightening out of stress, arms sore from lifting the axe and dragging the bodies of y/n's family members around. he chopped each corpse until upper body was separate from lower body, putting them all in a collective pile, each dead face staring back at him with horrified expressions. some of them screamed rather loudly, struggling to stay conscious while others were dead silent or groaning instead.

nevertheless, king dealt with them swiftly in one night, shuffling his feet against the wood floors of y/n's house. his shadow casted on the walls plastered with blood, his figure slowly dragging out in front of him. his grip on the axe's handle loosened in his dominant hand, letting his breathing and heart beat settle down. when king turned the hallway into the living room, the moon created a smooth lighting, casting a silhouette on your figure.

he watched carefully with emptiness yet soft eyes, still hyperventilating while you were finishing up tying a noose. his eyebrows twitched slightly, his face contorting into a somewhat disappointed expression. "y/n, my love," king caught your attention, making you look away from what you were doing, holding the end of the noose in the air. "the job's been done." king continued, making you freeze in place. you two continued to stare at one another, letting the tension in the atmosphere settle as your imperceptible, y/e/c eyes stared blankly at a blood-covered king.

╾╴  ╶╴  ╶╴ ╶╴ ♰ ╶╴ ╶╴ ╶╴  ╶╼

KING'S EYES SHOT OPEN, hyperventilating as he recalled the nightmare he just had. jesus christ that was dark. he thought to himself, sitting up in his bed, shirtless. he stretched out, yawning quietly and looking around his bedroom.

next thing he knew, he was on his way to class, walking down the street with confidence. he felt way better now that the intendant was gone, and he knew he was no longer being drugged against his own will. he went into the cafe, quickly ordering a smaller size of his usual drink for the go and exiting, sipping it with gratefulness. he turned the small coffee cup in his hand, smiling to himself as he felt way better than ever. he'll finally be able to focus in class now without feeling sick.

when he arrived near the academy, he finished his drink, throwing it out before getting onto school property. whilst taking some slow steps on the pavement, he noticed crowds of people running past him, gathering at the academy's entrance. this made him furrow his eyebrows in curiosity, trying to fathom what was happening while seeing students upon students pushing past one another to see through the crowds, many formal voices chattering loudly.

king managed to find a spot to the side, brushing past people to get a front view. that's when he watched coroners stepping out of the academy's entrance doors, carrying a stretcher with a covered dead body lying on it. "-and former intendant was found dead in the auditorium of-" king only had to catch a glimpse of what a news reporter nearby was speaking about, recognizing the name of the intendant he killed last night. he watched the scene unfold in front of him, everyone appearing quite fearful as coroners loaded their body on a truck.

╾╴  ╶╴  ╶╴ ╶╴ ♰ ╶╴ ╶╴ ╶╴  ╶╼

" HEYYYYY milo!" king called out, keys dangling, door locking behind him. in no time, some light footsteps shuffled, milo coming into view in the doorway. the younger brother adjusted the collar of his button-up, staring at king with a surprised expression.

"why home so early? i thought you left like an hour ago." milo asked, crossing his arms. "welllll you're right," king put his hand up in pause, signaling that he wanted to continue. "but, good news, a teacher died in my school soo now i have a week off." king exclaimed, letting his arms out as if he had wings, then letting them fall on his sides with a short thud.

"oh." milo said, watching as king didn't really have a mortified nor happy expression. "for real?" milo asked once again while king stepped closer to him, patting him on the shoulder. "yes. really." king said bluntly, walking into the kitchen to put his stuff down and fix up a cup of tea. "oh dang... that's great! well, like.. it sucks to be the teacher but i mean like.. could you go to the store for me?" milo said, following king into the kitchen, letting the news dawn on him.

king wheezed. "yeah yeah i will. i'll get you a chicken sandwich." he said, looking back at milo as he poured water in a teapot. "aha sick! thanks bro!" milo said, jumping up and down out of excitement and hugging his brother from behind. "hey hey don't you have class to get to?" king stifled, cracking a smile that he couldn't conceal. milo frowned and let go of him, jogging down the hallway and then coming back with his backpack and art portfolio case. "yes i do dingus! i'll leave you alone now. bye!" milo yelled, his voice getting farther away as he reached the front door and exited the apartment.

king sighed, continuing to relax by the kitchen counter and make his tea. once done, he walked himself over to the couch, laying down with his feet up while his cup of tea sat at the coffee table, piping hot and fresh from the steam evaporating from its surface. he stared into the ceiling in hard thought, trying to sort through random topics in his head. meanwhile, a cleaned off, half-cut mask that once had the dried blood of an intendant on it sat tucked away within king's closet, a somewhat old newspaper with the headlining of l'manberg placed directly next to it.

═════════════

🗞▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔🗞

A/N.
WHEN AUTHOR SPEAKS.
oh snap.

also fun fact: the dream that king had was originally going to be part of a bonus chapter in a second time that would go into his past. however, i decided to put it in this book because why not

w.c.: 1k+