CHAPTER XXI: a fault of love

═════════════

◦♔ TW : drug usage, mentions of alcohol and heroin addiction.

◦♔     DEFINITIONS / definitions within reading are marked by an asterisk ( * )

          * fratello - means "brother" in italian.

◦♔ Y/H/C - your hair color

•:•.•:•.•:•:•:•:•:•:•:•☾

•:•:•:•:•:•:•:•☾

☽•:•.•:•.•:•:•:•:•:•:•:•

THEIR FOOTSTEPS FOLLOWED ONE another in sync, the smell of gritty, industry air tugging at their senses in the middle of moonlight's hour. certainly, severino's nightclub wasn't difficult to find. half the city was dead while the other side of it contained vibrant nightlife with blinding LEDs riddling the edges of buildings.

when they found the nightclub, king and milo went in line for entry, fidgeting with the jewelry and the hems of their suits they were wearing as the line kept moving, their feet inching closer and closer to the bouncer. they watched most people get cleared, their IDs and ages being truthful. then there were some other batches of young, dumb teenagers with fake IDs trying to get through, ending up being dismissed by the bouncer.

the site made king slightly nervously, but him and milo were usually able to get access because of severino. that was their key. that's why they were always able to get in. despite that, king sometimes got nervous seeing the underage kids not being let in, knowing that that was him and milo right now. he's lucky that the bouncers don't get aggressive unless prompted.

once it was their turn, they faced the bouncer—a buff man that was only a couple inches taller than king, but he looked intimidating anyways. "ID please." he stated blankly, his hand stuck out, expecting a card to be put in it. milo's eyes flickered between the bouncer and king, knowing what his brother was gonna say like a broken record.

"we don't need ID. we're with severino." king stated, feeling himself still fidgeting his fingers. he knew they were gonna get passed entry but still, you never really know. "mm no. i can't accept you in without ID." "please just get severino and we'll leave." king said, as if he was feeling confident to go against a bouncer who was more experienced in combat than he'll ever be.

"whoa whoa whoa! what's goin on here? i heard my name!" "these two kids say they're with you." the bouncer replied, a shorter man wearing a scarlet red suit and holding a glass of alcohol stepping in from behind the bouncer. he squinted his eyes at king and milo and grinned. "ayyyy wait a minute! they're with me. those are my brothers!" severino chirped. he stepped in under the light, his facial features becoming more perceptible. milo and king were already smiling, knowing that was their infamous step brother from that distinctive, heavy italian accent.