CHAPTER III: "they beareth him to highest heav'n"

═════════════

◦♔ TW : mentions of drugs.

•:•.•:•.•:•:•:•:•:•:•:•☾

•:•:•:•:•:•:•:•☾

☽•:•.•:•.•:•:•:•:•:•:•:•

KING SURPRISINGLY WOKE up this morning with little struggle. yes, he did feel irritated like any other student would. however, he recalled very plainly that he went to a homecoming party and definitely got wasted. what happened last night? he has no clue.

santos and milo ended up going to his bedroom in the morning, paying him a gracious visit to give him some medicine and tea that him and milo would normally take the morning following a hard party, allowing them to settle with relief before heading to school with little to no problems, flushing out most of the drugs to clear the two brothers' systems.

santos stood underneath the doorway of king's bedroom, arms crossed, leaning on the door frame, while milo made his way over to an awake king. milo sat down at the edge of king's bed, watching as king slowly sat up, his eyes glancing between his brothers. "here." milo muttered, handing king a mini plate with a cup of herbal tea on it and two hangover pills on the side.

king nodded. "thank you." he said lowly, his sleepy voice slightly raspy. he carefully put the cup to his lips, taking light sips of the drink, feeling the gratifying sensation of the hot fluids flowing down to his stomach, immediately making his shitty self feel a bit better.

santos scoffed from the doorway. "you even remember anything from last night?" he spoke out questioningly. santos never went to parties nor did drugs, but he knew the signs of a high, absolutely shit-faced man when he saw one, and that's exactly what he saw when milo came home past midnight with a passed out king at his shoulders. the question made milo and king stare at him with baffled yet playful expressions as if different emotions were flashing across their faces. "no. absolutely not a thing." king said, him and milo chuckling it off. santos quietly chuckled along, a very faint trace of a smile playing his lips.

"glad to know you enjoyed yourself." santos went on, uncrossing his arms and getting his weight off from the doorframe, officially standing instead of leaning on something for support. "it's only past five a.m. so you're lucky you even came back from the grave. i'm making soup in the kitchen by the way. feel free to take as much from the buffet as you like." santos did a grand bow as he started backing away from the door, proud of his home cooking skills due to the culinary classes he took when he was in high school. milo and king both smiled at him gratefully. "thank you, santa." the two younger brothers said in sync, all of them chuckling at the stupid nickname they gave to the middle child.