12-Blind Date

A/N: sorry.. I suck. I know I know I missed 3 (or 4 days depending on if I can get this up tonight) but it really was a lot that was going on (eg I was on an airplane one night and then I was with a friend so I couldn't write and then I was too exhausted since I hadn't gotten any sleep the past two nights) and now this is a long chapter so I don't even know if I'll be able to get this chapter up tonight and I'm so so so sorry. But this will be a long chapter filled with lots of tea ☕️ so I hope that makes up for it :) I'm trying my best here
~~~~
After two days of sitting at the football teams table, which I like to call the no substance table, we finally forced Kai and Aiden to sit with us. Which inevitably meant Ash did too.

They've become a trio.

It's honestly kind of cute.

They're like my squad 2.0. Except no one can be as amazing as my bestie. Wink wink.

Anyways that's not the point, now it's Wednesday and Jay set me up on a blind date with his cousin.

Jay was bored and decided to play matchmaker so now I have to go out tonight.

I got all my homework done last night so this is actually achievable.

I'm currently on FaceTime with Leila as she picks out my outfit for the date.

She puts me in a cute green dress and a leather blazer (see at the beginning of chapter.)  After forcing me to wave my hair, she says she has to go do homework.

I lightly apply makeup and let myself exhale fully while looking in the mirror to see how much I can breathe during the date. Then I repeat the process while sitting down because my stomach always rolls when I sit.

I get a text from Jay's cousin. His name is Corey.

Corey-this is the address of the park we're going to: Dolores Mission Park, Dolores St. & 19th St.
Me-thanks! see you there

There was no way this was going anywhere.

For many reasons. I list them off in my head as I drive to the place he told me.

1. I don't want a relationship
2. I'm not ready for a relationship since I don't want to burden anyone with my problems
3. Have I mentioned that relationships aren't my thing
4. Also his name is Corey. In other words he's 100% the kind of guy that would either work on a farm or major in business. Either way I probably won't like him that much

I'm only going for two reasons.

1. If I go on dates with other guys it'll help get Pretty Boy out of the box where I think of him as my soulmate (I know, I'm dramatic but I don't care)
2. I enjoy going out. I'm an extrovert so this kind of stuff is my thing.

While jamming out to good 4 u (stream sour) I finally arrive at the park, totally feeling myself.

I see him standing there in none other than a flannel. I associate flannels with lesbians but I guess guys named Corey also wear flannels.

All I can picture while I look at him (by the way the reason I know what he looks like is because Jay and I stalked his Instagram) is a lesbian with doc martens, a flannel, and a beanie.

I'm trying my best to stifle a laugh as I picture this.

Keep it together Livia.

I wave to him, and he notices me.

I forgot to mention he has glasses, of course he does.

He is pretty cute, just not my type.

Only a certain pretty boy is my type. Stop.