39-If I Were in a Rom-Com

This isn't like our other rushed kisses. We slowly move as if we're scared we're going to break the other.

We explore each other's mouths before I pull away, flushed.

"Maybe let's watch a movie." I suggest.

"Ok. What movie?"

"A rom-com." I state, happily.

"No."

"Yes."

"No."

"Yes."

"No."

"Yes."

"Fine."

"Yay! Ok so I'm thinking 10 things I hate about you. Unless you've seen it." He shakes his head indicating he hasn't. I grab his hand and we walk to him room and I start the movie on his computer.

"I guess in this society, being a man and an asshole makes you worthy of our time." I say this in sync with Kat and continue staring at the screen for probably another five more minutes before noticing he isn't even watching. He's just staring at me. "Eyes on the screen! This is getting good now!" He chuckles but complies.

After another 15 minutes I notice he's staring at me again. I just move his face so it's looking at the screen. He smiles a small smile.

"You're acting like a creepy stalker! You actually have to watch the movie in order for it to be a movie night."

"It's not night." He points out, his tone dry.

"Same thing." I shrug it off.

"Bedsides, I'd rather do this." He tilts my head towards his and kisses my. I smile against his lips at the cute remark.

Meanwhile, the scene where Patrick is singing "Can't take my eyes off of you" on the bleachers is playing. Iconic.

I pull away and start singing with Patrick, getting off of his bed and pulling Ash with me.

"Come onnnn, dance with me!" I poke his stomach. "You know you wanna." I grab a pen from his desk and use it as a microphone, singing at the top of my lungs.

Begrudgingly, he starts bopping around a bit to the music and I grin at him.

When the scene ends, we continue dancing and singing songs. Or I'm technically the one doing the singing but it's besides the point. I sing "Hit me Baby" by Brittney Spears and he starts dancing seductively to which I burst out laughing unable to continue singing.

We end up with me on top of him on the floor both of us cracking up. The movie continues to play in the background but we're not watching it anymore.

"Do you want to be my girlfriend?" He asks, softly. I giggle at how nervous he looks and nod my head.

"Yeah?" He asks.

"Yeah." I confirm.

And then I lick his nose. It was like I booped it, but with my tongue. I roll off of him and start running around his house as he chases me.

He catches me in a mere 30 seconds. I mean he is a lot more athletic than me. He tackles me to the floor and places a small kiss on my lips before licking my nose. He then jumps off of me and starts running out their front door. I follow him, determined to catch him.

I don't manage to catch him. I can say that honestly after 15 minutes of trying.

I fall exhaustedly onto the grass. He lays next to me.

"Tell me something about yourself, a random fact." He asks me.

I don't overthink this. Somehow I never do when I'm with him.

"I feel like there are unwritten expectations that I have to live up to to earn the love of all my family and friends. That I don't deserve their unconditional love so I force myself to work for it." I say this in a calm and steady voice and he slides an arm under my back, moving me so my head is laying on his chest. He's stroking my hair when I turn the question on him. "Your turn."

"I didn't expect to have to say something deep but I guess I'll tell you that my dad left me and my family when I was 14. He cheated and I always thought it was my fault because I was the one who walked in on it. I convinced myself for so long that love was a hoax but because of you I'm not so sure about that." He kisses my forehead and we lay like that for a while in a perfect, comfortable silence.

I wish I could freeze this moment and just relive it every day. The day where I lived like I was in a rom-com.
~~~~
A/N: this chapter was so easy to write I love them so much. Lmao what it must be like to be in love. My single ass cannot relate.

Anywhore I love you all for reading 39 chapters of this chaotic book.

kisses 💋
x