37-Ringing Phone

We didn't get much sleep last night.

We had stayed up until almost 3:30 am talking, and woke up at 8. We fell asleep on the couch and woke up when our parents came downstairs.

My Aunt Perrie made us pancakes and crepes as a birthday breakfast and I actually ate two. It's my birthday, I'll go back to my diet tomorrow. Once I had this mindset I started eating a lot more to make up for missed days. I wasn't thinking about how shitty I'll feel about myself later, just how good it felt to be full. 

I kept getting FaceTimes from my friends. I already talked to Jay, Kailey and Leila. Kai texted telling me happy birthday and that he'll call later. Still nothing from Ashton although I wouldn't answer it anyways. It's too confusing. I just want to have one day without thinking about him and us in general.

That plan goes down the drain when Ashton calls when we're sitting on the couch after opening presents. He FaceTimes Aiden, not me.

Nonetheless, Aiden hands me the phone and tells me it's Ashton and then exits the room to get more food.

I'm stuck holding Aidens phone, talking to the one person I didn't want to talk to.

"Hey Pal, how has your birthday been?" He uses the word as a weapon, wielding it in a way that makes me want to flinch away from the phone.

"It's been great." Theres a gaping silence.

"That's great." He finally responds, sounding like he sure doesn't think it's great.

"Thanks for coming the other day." I state, not sure what else to say.

"I came with an agenda, which I didn't complete." His tone is sharp like if I say the wrong thing then I'm doomed.

"Look—I just..I want to talk in person. It's all a lot easier—" He cuts me off.

"It's a lot easier to storm out? Save it. I don't want to hear your bullshit anymore." I hear footsteps and see Jackson walk into the room. He smiles at me.

"Is this pretty boy?" He asks. I don't even hold back my facepalm.

Ashton's angry face morphs into an amused one.

"That would be me."

"Oh, got it. The name honestly makes sense."

"Did your cousin just call me hot?" Ashton whispers through the camera.

"He's a special one." I pat Jack's head and he rolls his eyes at me.

"Watch your attitude young man!" I scold Jack.

"I'm less than a year younger than you." He states it like the most obvious thing in the world.

"Yeah you're a little baby compared to us." I use this in a voice that I save for infants and dogs.

He flips me off and I dramatically gasp.

"How dare thee?" He chuckles along with Ash who I forgot was there.

"Oh—sorry I forgot you were here. Look I didn't need any of that shit on my birthday now if youll excuse me I'm going to go celebrate with people who haven't been making me feel like shit." I always have to get the last word in as I press the end button on our call.

"What did he say?" Jackson asks.

"Not your business." I sing these words and skip to the kitchen where I prepare to yell at Aiden.

"Why the fuck would you do that? That was the most awkward shit I've ever had to endure
I can't believe you just left me with him! I hung up so sucks for you if you don't get to talk to him for longer." I yell at him.

"I can easily just call him back." He lazily opens his phone, leaning back in his chair.

"Don't you fucking dare." I hear a ringing sound from his phone and storm out of the kitchen while yelling.

"I fucking hate you Aiden Joshua Hart!"
~~~~
A/N: thank god I got this up before my eyes closed unwillingly. I literally am squinting while I  write this so there will 100% be mistakes.

Good night.

kisses 💋
x