11

You looked back out the window and watched the scenery pass by. He was driving you both on a scenic route, with large buildings and the city's fast-paced life. Based on the GPS on your phone, you were fifteen minutes away from campus. The traffic wasn't hectic, but a handful of people were walking around the shops or filtering out of the office buildings.

The view around you dimmed as the car approached an underground parking lot of one of the tall buildings. The guard at the entrance raised the horizontal parking barrier and let Sukuna through. The exhaust echoed throughout the parking lot and you silently wished that he would rev the engine, but that would make a lot of people annoyed.

Maybe another time. You chuckled to yourself.

The doors of the car unlocked after Sukuna parked the car near the elevator doors. You stepped out and stretched your limbs as you took note of your surroundings. There was a mix of luxury and common cars, so you assumed that you were at a hotel.

The red underglow of his Supra flashed as the car's security system engaged. Sukuna took your hand and guided you to the elevator. The doors opened, showcasing a young man in a hotel uniform.

"Dr. Sukuna, welcome back," the man greeted. He focused his attention on you and nodded his head once. "Welcome, Miss."

Sukuna nodded back to the man and led you inside. You waved at the attendant and watched as he swiped his card onto the scanner and pushed the top-level button. The elevator gently raised itself and the calming music played through the hidden speakers.

Sukuna's thumb grazed over yours as you both waited to reach your destination. You stared at your reflection on the elevator's mirrored walls.

You felt a twinge within you, but you weren't sure why. Shaking off the uneasy feeling, your eyes left your reflection as the doors opened, revealing a wide hallway with a set of double oak doors.

You raised an eyebrow at Sukuna who simply held a smirk on his face.

He ushered you to the doors and inputted a code into the electric door handle. An unlocking tone was heard before he pushed the door handle down.

Bright light filtered through the large windows as you slowly walked inside. His place was massive. Your feet glided across the glazed tile flooring as you approached the living room that consisted of a large dark gray sofa set, decorated with white pillows.

As you walked further, a piano sat in the middle of the room, parallel to a velvet green pool table. Next to the piano were a set of double glass doors that led to a large terrace and pool area. An open-walled kitchen with a large black marble kitchen island and bar joined the rest of the floor plan. To your right were glass spiral stairs that seemed to lead to--

"What's up there?" you turned to Sukuna who was watching you take in his penthouse.

"It leads to my bedroom, guest rooms, and a gym. Speaking of, I'm going to freshen up. Feel free to roam around. Help yourself to anything."

You smiled at him and made your way to the terrace. You could hear Sukuna's feet echoing through the upstairs hallway and the sound made you uneasy.

You basked in the sun rays as you walked toward the pool, removing your shoes and dipping your feet in. The water cooled your feet from the heat as you were left with your thoughts.

Sukuna's leagues above me. He said it's okay, but does he not see the obvious gap between us?

You looked back to the inside of the penthouse and sighed.