23

Author's note:

Hi everyone.

I just wanted to apologize for the really late upload and short chapter.

A lot happened this month. My dog delivered six puppies, but she, unfortunately, didn't make it. We thought that her puppies were healthy and we kept an eye on the son that we were planning on keeping, but he didn't make it either.

We had to bury them in our backyard the day before my birthday, which was fairly recent.

It still hurts and is still hard to focus on school and work. I wasn't allowed any extensions on quiz times or homework, so I studied while mourning. We're still mourning, but it's slowly getting better.

I also have finals next week so I'll post regularly after that.

Thank you for being understanding, and I hope you all had a happy Thanksgiving or Hanukkah (if you celebrate any of them).

-------------

You sat next to Megumi on the bench in front of Sukuna's classroom. After this morning's rendezvous and boring lectures, you were a bit spent. Sukuna mentioned in the previous class that today's lecture would be relatively easy-- well, in his terms. Everyone, including yourself, still thought that his class was challenging.

To him, 'easy' is a lecture composed of a few clicker questions that determined whether you would be ready for the next quiz.

A clicker is a small remote-looking device that universities use for live lectures. You choose from buttons labeled from A to E, and professors match their answers to these buttons. The serial code on the back of the clicker is registered at the beginning of the quarter. The downside is that the university doesn't provide these.

You had to buy it yourself.

Sukuna also decides whether the answers for the clicker questions are counted towards your grade, and you would only find out once he posts the grades. These questions were also timed and showed up once on the screen. He wouldn't allow anyone to ask to go back to a previous question.

It fucking sucked.

"[y/n], you okay?"

You snapped out of your thoughts and turned your head to the sound of the voice. Megumi had gone and came back with a can of coffee. He handed you a can and you gratefully accepted.

"Thank you for existing and for bringing coffee," you exclaimed, taking a large gulp. "I feel bad, Megumi."

"Why's that?"

"You're always asking if I'm okay and are always bringing me coffee. Let me treat you, one of these days."

"It's fine, you help me a lot with my studies. That's enough for me. Plus, our study sessions are a good alibi from Itadori's shenanigans."

You laughed. "What did he do this time?"

Megumi sighed and sat down on the bench. "He bought a doll. Not any ordinary doll. This doll punches you-- PUNCHES-- if you don't pay attention to any of the movies you're watching."

He raked his fingers through his hair and shook his head.

"I have no idea where he even got this doll, but it works. He made me try it. I still have bruises."

"I need one of those dolls," you muttered under your breath.

Megumi's face held a bewildered look and asked why you would even bother with something like that.

"If it can help me stay focused on studying or homework,"

"You already have straight A's, I need that more than you do."