Oops!

Ishita jerked and sat on the bed as see the post from her friends.

"Oh no. Oh no." She began mumbling "Aaj Raman ka birthday hai. Mai kese bhul gai."
(Oh no. Oh no. Today's Raman's birthday. How could I forget!)

She opened her phone app hurriedly and tapped the first number.

As the phone rang, she paced around the room in hopes the other person will pick it up.

"Raman." She meekly said as he hummed "Aaj aapka birthday hai?"
(Raman, is it your birthday today.)

"Hai toh." She cursed herself as he replied in somewhat distracted way.
(It is.)

"I am so sorry, Raman. You know na, I can't remember dates." She prayed to Murugan to make him understand.

He hummed again.

"Happy Birthday to you. Happy birthday to you. Happy Birthday to you, dear Raman." She wished him with a huge smile but was suprised as she heard huge clapping.

"Raman, aap kaha ho?" She asked hoping for the best.
(Raman, where are you?)

"Actually. . ." She could see him running his hand on his hair "We were just about to cut the cake."

"Family k saath ho?" She asked hoping for the best but he hummed as yes, indeed he was with his family.
(With your family?)

"Phone speaker pe tha na?" She asked and he hummed again.
(Call was in speaker, right?)

"Pagal ho kya aap? Family k samne apni girlfriend ka phone kon uthata hai? Aur uthata hai yoh bhi spaker pe kon rakhta hai?" She screamed and it took her two seconds to realized what she said.
(Are you mad? Who picks their girlfriend's infront of their parent? And who put it in speaker if you pick also?)

"Sab ne sun liya na?" She meekly asked biting her tongue.
(Everyone heard it, right?)

"Umm hmm" She cursed her fate as she heard background noise where someone was saying bhabhi.

"Oops." She muttered before cutting the call.

*****

May or may not inspired from true events 🙈🤣🤣.

So, I will meet you guys on Monday.

You can give my other works a try if you want some Ishra dose for weekend. 😉😉

Regards
~Gia