A Promise kept

Feeling the warmth beside her, she smiled softly. As she slowly opened her eyes, she was him beside her. Engrossed in his laptop, typing with his experienced fingers. His overgrown hair was somewhat blocking his forehead so she stretched her hand to push it back but he took them in his.

Her cheeks felt hot as he peaked the back of her palm.

"Shagun." Though his voice was soft, it felt sharp. As if was disappointed to see her.

"Aaj office mai bohot kaam hai. Mujhe jalfi nikalna hoga." She silently watched as he got ready and left the room.

(I running late for work. I should leave.)

Her body felt tired. She knew she would be subjected to teasing if told anyone, after all its been only 2 days since her marriage.

She lazily trailed toward the mirror only to see redness and bite mark on her neck. Her eyeshadow (which she was sure she didn't apply) smudged around. A different coloured kurthi on her body.

She didn't remember doing anything with Raman.

When come to think about it, she had felt asleep on the couch waiting for Raman.

And though it was a hurried arrange marriage, she knew Raman was not like that.

She hoped at least.

Maybe he just changed her.

Agreeing with herself to ask him about the subject, she took the sindoor box on her hand.

"Oh mera hai!"
(That's mine.)

A cold shiver ran though her body hearing the husky female voice and feeling a soft chilly breeze on her ear.

She slowly turned to her side gulping down the lump on her thoart.

"Tu . . .Tum. . ." She muttered her hands shivering. Infront her was herself.
(An . . . And . . You are?)

As upstrud as it may sound, there was a woman infront of her clad in red satin saree with face just like her.

Her hairs were well kept, wavy and little frizzy unlike her just woken hair. With lips adored with red lipstick, golden earring and a small but eye catching mangalsutra and the lovely red saree.

She looked beautiful.

Yet the smile on her face felt dangerous.

"Tum confuse hogai hogi. Wo mera hai." Her voice was smooth this time, though a different from her. (much to her relief, she didn't want Raman to confuse her with some other girl.)
(I think you are mistaken that's mine.)

"Yeh dabba tumhara hai." She started the conversation, even though she wanted to ask what the hell this idiot was thinking when he entered the newlyweds room unannounced.
(This box is yours?)

"Nahi. Yeh sindoor. Mera hai." She could not help but possessively close her palm around it hearing her reply "Mere Ramanka."
(No that sindoor. That's mine. My Raman's.)

"Yeh kya bakwaas hai." She sternly said trying to scare her off.
(What nonsense.)

"Bakwaas kaha. Yeh mera hai." She heard her speaking with uttermost sincerity.
(No really. It's mine.)

"Niklo yaha se. Yeh mera hai. Mere Raman ka." Shagun glared her before taking a pinch of her sindoor and adoring her partision.
(Just leave already. This is mine. And Raman too.)

"Jesi tumhari marzi." The small box fell from her shaking hand as the person infront her disappeared in thin air.
(As you wish.)

She felt pain overall her body before the world went black.

*****

"Shagun." Raman patted her cheek softly calling her. He took water in her palm and splashed her again calling her name.

She blinked her eyes softly, a familiar smile adoring her face.

"Maa dekhona. Mai bapaas agai aur yinko Shagun chahiye."
(Maa, see he is still concerned about Shagun. Even though I am back.)

He knew that voice.

It was her.

She was back.

Not like last time just for the night but for forever.

"Ish . . . Ish . . . Ish." He choked as she wrapped her arms around him, his whole family engulfing them in thier arms.

Raman could say he regretted marrying Shagun, destroying her life.

But he had never been a morally guided person. And he could go to any extend for her.

"Beyond death."

He had promised her and Raman was not someone who broke his problem.

Especially one did with her.

*****

Something I thought during all that Shagun ka bhoot track I just penned it down.

Do check the media if you are still confused. Maybe it wil help. You can always ask me in comments otherwise.

Regards
~Gia