Still learning

"Let's elope" Raman took his phone away from his ear to look at the caller id, just to be sure.

"Kya bol rahi ho, Ishita?" He chuckled excusing himself from his colleagues.
(Do you know what you are saying, Ishita?)

"Nahi. I am serious. Chalona bhag ke saadhi karte hai. Khatam karte hai." He smiled at his fiancée's words.
(Nope I am serious. Let's elope and get married. Lets finish it.)

"Hua kya hai?" He pressed his forehead softly to the glass window.
(What happened?)

"Aap bolo kya nahi hua hai? Mujhe nahi pata tha, saadhi mai itna kaam hota hai. Aur functions! Kitne functions hote hai, Raman. Agar karna hai toh khud karo, aapas mai. Mujhe buch me tropy ki taraf rakhne ka kya matlab hua. . ."
(You tell me what didn't? I didn't know, getting marriage is so tiresome. And these functions! There are so many. If you want to do something, do it yourself. Whats the meaning of placing me mid as if I am a trophy. . .)

He hummed as she rant her frustration. He was not a patient person per say but he was not insensitive too.

He understood it had been harder too her than him. Here he was doing his job as if he doesn't have a marriage next week while she had closed her clinic from last week only.

Even helping around his family along with hers, from shopping to decorating.

Perks of love marriage or rather say perks of your family loving your girlfriend more than you.

". . .aur aapki bua, babydoll ki picture bejh rahi hai mujhe-"
(. . .and your Aunt, she is sending me pictures if babydoll-)

"Subha ready rehna, mai lene aaunga." Raman smiled as the line was silent for half a minute.
(I will pick you up in morning. Be ready in time.)

"Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. You are the best." He smiled as she cut the call.

He knows their family will be angry for sometime but it's should be about their happiness right?

What was the point of all this if the bride and bridegroom are not even enjoying?

He was back at his cubicle going through some reports when his phone pinged with message.

"Papa will book the mini van. And we will decide the temple too. You don't worry."

He frowned at the message from his mother.

"I thought we were eloping. So why is everyone coming?" He messaged his fiancée, not understanding what was happening.

"So? We are eloping from this tiresome rituals, this unnecessary drama. Not from our family. I am not marrying you without their blessings."

He smiled reading her reply.

Who said love marriage lost its charm sooner than arrange?

Its been 3 years since they started dating and he is still learning new things about her.

He rubbed his palms together before typing a leave application.

After all its his marriage tomorrow.

*****

Trying to find my writing pace back with this random thought.

These drabbles help a lot, if you are going through writer black. Totally recommended.

I don't think I will continue this, though.

Its 41st and it will be great if I managed to last till 50th but I don't think I can. Running out of ideas.

So just 2 or 3 more and will close this book.

Regards
~Gia