Out of your League, Mr Bhalla?

Ishita watched dumbfounded as the door hit hard behind her husband's back. Slowly lowering her hand, careful not to spill the hot coffee she watched the closed door.

Raman.

She blinked ready to go behind him when the door opened again revealing her sleepy son.

"Papa ne bheja hai." He stated before she could ask,laying on their bed "Wo mere room mai so rahe hai."
(Papa sent me here. He is sleeping in my room tonight.)

She could hear soft cluttering from the kitchen.

Sipping the bitter black coffee she had made for her husband, she sighed.

Bickering was nothing new in their household, especially between her and her husband.

One Liners, eye roll, trolling, bickering, taunt, flirting with insults.

They were always there. From day one.

But even with all that there were topics they avoided and there were topics that were reserved for emotional nights.

Except her infertility and his socio-economic status before their marriage, everything was fair game.

But maybe something else was also off limit.

His height.

She had entered the room in her heels, coffee on her hand. When her husband made grabby hands toward the cup. Feeling little mischievous, she shook her head.

He had rolled her hand when she held the cup above her head but he did approach her.

"Ishita do na yaar, bohot kaam hai." He requested.
(Ishita, I am busy. Don't play games.)

"Take it." She smirked. She knew her husband fight dirty but was only being cautious because the coffee was hot.

"Ishita." He strictly said as his hand just reach her wrist.

"What? Out of your league, Mr. Bhalla?" She whispered bitting her lips. But before she could realise, he distanced himself. Picking the folders from bed along with his laptop, he was out of the room.

"Amma sojawona. Papa gussa nahi hai, unhone kaha mujhe." Ishita smiled putting the empty coffee cup on the table.
(Ma, please let's sleep. Papa is not angry, he told me.)

She knew they avoided some topics but she promised to talk this out.

And to properly apologize.

*****

Hey guys, how are you?

Little emotional but works fine with me. :)

So I miscalculated the dates and my exam pre-ponded so all the updates are amiss. They are really rough and I don't want to give my 50% after taking so time. So bear with me few more days.

Till then read the Os and drabbles if you have not. I will see you real soon.

Regards
Gia.