Lockdown Problems (#2)

"Ishita, puttar kya kar rahi hai?" Her mother-in-law entered the kitchen.
(Ishita, what are you doing?)

"Sochhi rahe thi ki kya banau. Aaj lunch bhi light hi tha. Kya banau, Mummyji?" Ishita opened and closed some jar checking the spices.
(Was thinking about dinner. Today's luch qas also light. What should I make?)

"Are chod te sab." Toshiji took her hand on her one hand "Aaj mai banauni khana. Kitna kaam karthi hai tu. Meri bacchi" running other on her face, she kissed her own hand.
(You leave all this. Today I will make dinner. How much work will you do!)

Releasing her hands from her mother-in-law's, she crossed her arms. "Ek kaam kar, tu bacho ko leke apni Amma ke ghar chalija. Rest kar." Ishita raised her eyebrows at her making her smile sheepishly.
(Actually, you go yo your mothers with kids. Rest there.)

Somehow controlling herself from rambling about these Punjabis' drinking habits infront of her mother-in-law; she stromed outside.

Ishita stopped on her track watching the scene infront of her.

The furnitures were moved to side. Her father-in-law was sitting facing towards kitchen, his left side empty maybe for her mother-in-law. To his right was her younger brother-in-law, Romi, excitingly opening the bottles. Next to him was Mihir pouring a little bit of soft drinks in the glass. Her husband was saying something about how much alcohol benifits the body to her . . . . To her father!

"Appa, aap bhi?" Appa tried to stand up only to be stopped by her husband.
(Father you too?)

"Haa Appa bhi-"
(Yes he too-)

"Yeh Raman ne roka mujhe, Ishu. Mai tho nahi bhetne wala tha." Appa cut her husband's mocking tone.
(Raman stopped me, Ishu. I was not about to.)

"Chachu, yeh rahe glasses" unaware to the situation Adi entered the hall, settling beside Mihir.
(Chachu, here are the glasses.)

"Adi! You too. Wow." Ishita shooked her head, dissappointment visible on her voice.

"Mum-mumma." Adi stood up.

"Its okay, Adi. Mumma understands." Raman opened his mouth before she could.

"Ofcourse, Adi" moving her gaze from her 19 years old to her husband she continued "Mumma understands."

Opening the front door, she moved toward her mother's apartment. Sometimes she wonder what must those girls feel who can't visit their parents whenever they want to. She would never understand that as blth her parents and in-laws live in same society, more over same floor. And the bonus well these two are the only apartments in this floor.

She was about to close the door on her mother's when her son rushed inside.

"I was only giving them glasses, Mumma." Aditya promised sincerly making her smile.

"I know, betu." She kissed his forehead softly.

Smiling at her sister who was making mocktails and her two daughters making sone weird milkshake; they also settled beside them.

*****

It was almost midnight. Ruhi, Pihu, Rinki and Amma were already asleep.
Adi was mumbling something with his head on her shoulder, Ishita would be suprised if he didn't snore in few minutes. Placing his head on a pillow she stood up. Mihika passed her some blankets and both of them covered the sleeping members.

"Maja aaya na, Akka!" Mihika stated yawning in between.
(It was fun.)

"Hmmmm, Go sleep. I will check the door and turn off the light." Ishita patted her cheeks softly, earning a huge smile in return.

She picked her phone turning to double check the door. And a smiled made its may seeing message from her husband.

"Gussa hai?"
(Are you angry?)

"Ok. Gussa hai. But kitna din ho chuka hai, lockdown ka. We deserve this"
(Ok. You are. But Its been soooo long, since lockdown. We deserve this."

"Just 1 glass🥺."

"Urrghh. Reply to kar."
(Urrghh. Atleast reply.)

"Ab mai pi bhi nahi paunga. Kitni gandi hai tu😡."
(I can even drink now. You are so bad.)

"Dharwaza khuli rakhna."
(Keep the door open.)

"Sach Madrasan agar mujhe mera reward nahi mila na😡 tho Mummy ka stock abhi bhi baki hai😏😌."
(Madrasan, if I don't get my reward😡, then we still have some Mummy's stock.)

She smiled at his threats, she first opened the door and gently closed it. She checked if Mihika was alseep before switching off the light.

Entering her bedroom, she started preparing for her husband's reward.

*****

So this is it. If it was not clear the lockdown problem here is drinking.

On a serious note. Many people are relasping to drinking. So take care guys.

Stay safe.

And if you want to read more lockdown problems with Ishra twist you know what to do. 🙃

Who are you missing, Shagun or Subbu? 😉

Regards
~Gia