Understanding You

"Mummyji, ek baat puchu?" Ishita softly asked stirring the curry.
(Maa, Can I ask something?)

"Shagun Raman ka dyan kese rakhti thi?" She continued when her mother-in-law just hmmed chopping tomatoes.
(How did Shagun take care of Raman?)

"Matlab?"
(I don't get it?)

"Matlab . . . Jese aapko aur papaji ko hi leko. Aap dono baate karte ho. Breakfast mai kya khana ha, raat ko konsa show dekhna hai. Raman . . . Kuch kehte ji nai. Jo diya yo khaliya, kuch demand nahi karte, hame jo program lagaya.ho dekh liya." She sighed dejected.
(Like . . . You and Papaji l. You guys talk about breakfast, show to watch. Raman . . . He doesn't say anything. He will eat anything, watch anything with me.)

"Sach kahu ki jooth bolu?" Her answered made Ishita suprise.
(Should I lie to you?)

"Sach."
(Nope.)

"Shagun ke saath uska bohot different tha. Woh movie ticket lata tha, gifts lata tha, dono ladte the tv remote ke liye. Suruwat mai toh yese hi tha. Fir wo dono dusre flat mei chale gaye."
(He was different with Shagun. He used to bring movie tickets, they used to fight for remote. At least it was like that on the early days. Then they moved out.)

Ishita tried to compose herself. True she herself asked but it still hurt to hear about her husband being more comfortable with his ex-wife.

"Uske baad toh najar hi laggai mere bache ke khusiyo mai. Jabse wo wapas aaya hai, usne demand karna hi band kardiya hai. Maano darta hai ki hum mana kardenge."
(After that came the change. He has stopped demanding thing after his return. As if he is scared we will deny.)

Ishita nodded. True he passed comments on her food, time to time.

Like last time she made palak paneer, he said it was too green. What ever it meant.

When she made puri, he commented about the oily food.

When she started programs on Netflix, he complained about the loopholes

He ate and watched it despite passing some comments.

*****

"Raman"

"Nahi Joe Biden bol raha hu." Ishita pouted. "Ab bologi?"
(No, Joe Biden speaking. Please speak now.)

"Khane pe kya banau?" (What should I make for dinner?)

"Tabiyat thik hai na? Tumhari daat ki dukan band hai aaj?"
(Are you alright? Don't you have work in your detistry?)

"Rammaann" she whined.

"Pata nahi yaar. Banawo apna ghas fus." She signed at his answer.
(I don't know, yaar. Make you veg something.)

"Jaldi aana."
(Come soon.)

"Hmm. Makkhan lageni zarurat nahi hai. Kahi shopping nahi le ja ra mai."
(Don't butter me up. I am not taking you for shopping.)

"Kanjoos." She giggled and he cut the call with a sigh.
(Frugal.)

*****

Santoshi bhalla smiled as her son took a deep breath placing the empty plate on the sink.

"Maa." She hmmed softly lathering the scrub with dish soap "Ishita ko sab kuch kese pata hota hai?"
(Maa, how does Ishita know everything?)

"Kya?"
(What?)

"Mujhe parathe khane the. Usne pucha tha, maine nahi bataya. Firbe usne banaye."
(I wanted to eat parathe. He asked but I didn't tell her. Still she made it.)

"Wo samajhti hai tujhe." She muttered softly as her son walked out of the kitchen.
(She just understands you.)

*****

I swear it made so much sense in my head. Not so happy with the result but wanted to share with you guys.

I will polish this idea if I get time.

Regards
Gia

P.S :- I am working on updates but too overwhelmed to give you a date. But yeah next week will bring lots of notification from me. 😅