Over-rated

"How can you not like SRK?" Ishita blocked out the exaggerated scream from her best friend, focusing on her book just like any other time.

In time like this she wonders, are they even best friends, when they are so different? There is nothing common between them other than the fact that they work in same company.

She is the prime example of an extrovert  sole while she fit in every stereotypes of introvert. 

But maybe she is her best friend for the same because she is her only friend.

"Chalna, please. Mujhe 1st movie 1st show dekhni hai." She sighed softly closing her book, irritated with her whining.
(Please, dude. I really want to see it.)

"Fine." She said giving a goofy smile as she was engulfed in a tight hug. 

Well maybe she don't fit in every stereotype because she loves hugs.

Just Maybe.

*****

Or Maybe not.

Definitely not.

Ishita concluded looking at the crowd on the theater. Though the unknown faces gave her some sort of comfort, there was this fear or rather say discomfort that some familiar face will pop up and she will have to greet them, engage in a small talk that she hates. 

Mihika she groaned looking at her friend in the popcorn line. She was mindlessly moving forward when she bumped upon someone, those salty white small clouds tossed on her face.

"I am so sorry." She muttered softly looking at the floor covered with popcorns and raised her face slightly towards the man.

"Its okay. I don't even like these bland ones. I will get the cheese ones now." Came an immediate reply from the handsome stranger.

Aww, that cute dimpled smile. She mushed internally knowing well she will never voice out them.

"I will get you one." She muttered softly in hopes to spends few moments together.

"Actually." She listened carefully as he dusted his shirt "Why don't you pay me? In form your number."

And she laughed. Very unlikely of her but she did. In such lame attempt of flirting.

"Maybe after a date." She blushed at the new found courage.

"Awesome." He exclaimed "Actually I am here with my friend so let me find someone for him and maybe we can have our first date here only."

Ishita looked toward the popcorn line in mention of her friend, frowning as she didn't find her there.

"Ishita." She turned as Mihika approached her. Somewhat worried what to say to her, she passed a weak smile. 

"Hey, Miku. Meet . . ." She trailed just realizing that she didn't know his name.

"Raman." he provided softly. "And I was hoping if I could steal your friend for few hours."

She gasped at his question while Mihika happily nodded, switching her tickets with Raman.

As they sat side by side, Ishita leaned against his shoulder watching the typical Bollywood song where the hero heroine fall in love.

But for the first time, she had a soft smile plastered to her lips.

Maybe, just maybe, Bollywood is not that over-rated, she thought as she felt a hand around her shoulder.

*****

Another random thought.

Regards

~Gia