30. Signing Off

After getting home and receiving a massive lecture from Gabrielle about running away, Tara had bounced up to her room, her mind reeling with thoughts of Wreath, Lucas and the Necromancer Temple. What did all that stuff mean? The first thing she did was grab her diary and plop down on her bed.

9th February, 2013

Dear Diary,

So, my birthday is drawing to a close. He's gone. He just left. Left us to fend for ourselves. Though, one good thing did come out of today... I met someone. He's mysterious, and a Necromancer. I've always been told Necromancers are bad... but Solomon Wreath, he makes me feel something that I've never felt before. Every time he looks at me it sends shivers down the length of my spine. I get chills and goosebumps, he's different.

The other one isn't as friendly. Lucas Byers, a jealous mole, that's how I can describe him.

I'm going back there again tomorrow, I need to see them again.

Goodnight, from not so little Bella Pleasant anymore.
Signing off,
Tara Pyro xx

She gently closed the black book, tucking the pen away inside and holding it tightly to her chest while she smiled brightly. Tara leapt off the bed and hid her diary in its normal place, closing the drawer after piling her clothes on top of it.

Tara jogged downstairs, pulling a brush through her silky black hair. Sophie and Gabrielle were eating breakfast in the dining room when she walked inside, bootlaces undone. She tripped over her own feet and grabbed the bench to steady herself, almost dropping the brush. She stuck it in between her teeth and quickly slammed two pieces of bread down in the toaster. Sophie and Gabrielle stared.

"What's got you in such a good mood?" The blonde woman asked, raising an eyebrow.

Tara bent down to tie her laces, the brush still held between her teeth. She tried to speak, but it came out as a mumble. Gabrielle sighed.

"Bella, I can't make out what you're saying."

She finished with her boots and grabbed the brush in her hand again. "I said I met someone."

"Who?" She frowned.

"A friend."

"Be specific."

"A good friend."

Sophie grinned teasingly. "Bella has a boyfriend," she sang.

"What? No, I don't."

"Uh huh... sure."

Tara fidgeted while she waited for the toast to pop, and when it did,she quickly spread butter and honey on it, sitting at the table with her sister.

Gabrielle, suspicious now, left them to it and made her way upstairs. She made it seem as though she was going use the bathroom, slipping inside Bella's bedroom instead and moving to her drawers. She had known for years where the child kept her diary hidden, pulling it out and opening it to the latest entry. Her eyes skimmed it, the corners of her lips twitching up into a smirk.

Signing off, she read. Tara Pyro.