Season One: Chapter 2

The large Titan towered over the populace of Shiganshina, gazing at them like the caged animals they were.

No one could utter a word. Y/n glances at Mikasa and notices her expression. They'd never seen her scared of anything, but here, she was helpless, just like everyone else.

The wind picked up slightly as everyone cowered behind another, waiting to s-

It all happened in a flash. The gate was kicked in and debris was sent flying everywhere. The screams of the helpless were everywhere as hordes of people ran towards wherever they could. Titans had begun entering Shiganshina. It was the end of the human race as they knew it.

Y/n turns to Mikasa, Eren, and Armin, quickly taking responsibility and acting as the oldest of the three. Their safety was the only thing on their mind. They grab Eren's shoulders and shake him lightly, "You have to go check on mom! You and Mikasa go!" Y/n shouts at Eren, trying to stay at least a bit calm in the situation.

"B- but. . ." Eren starts but doesn't say anything.

"I- I'm not leaving you!" Mikasa says and grabs Y/n's hand, clutching it tightly within her palm.

"Fine. Then let's go." Y/n says as Eren and Mikasa nod, "Just get to her." Y/n turns to Mikasa, "I'll be behind you. I promise."

With that, Eren and Mikasa start towards their home, running as fast as they could to Carla.

"Armin, go find your grandpa! Meet us at the lifeboats!" Y/n says and follows after Eren and Mikasa.

"W- wait. . ." Armin reaches out but slowly retracts his hand. His skin was pale and he couldn't stop shaking. There was only one thought on his mind, "This is the end. . ."

Y/n continues to follow the path to their house, glancing back towards the wall, but the Titan had vanished into thin air. Y/n's lips thin as he gulps and looks ahead, "This has to be some sort of nightmare."

Mikasa and Eren turn the corner, climbing the stairs and looking towards their house. Eren's eyes widen and Mikasa gasps. A large piece of debris had crushed their house and underneath the rubble lay Carla trapped by a wooden beam. Eren and Mikasa grip the beam, doing their best to lift it, putting all their force into it.

"Eren! Mikasa! Leave!" Carla says. There was no way out for her and she knew it.

"W- we're not leaving you!" Eren shouts and tries to lift the beam again, almost making splinters in his hand as he feels his arms start to burn from how much force he was applying.

"There's no point. . . My legs are crushed. . ." Carla says dejectedly. Even if she could escape, how would she leave?

Eren stops for a bit, but grits his teeth and begins lifting it again, "I'll carry you if I have to!"

"Mikasa! Take Eren and run!" Carla shouts at Mikasa.

"N- no. . ." Mikasa mumbles, shaking her head as tears well up in the bottom of her eyes.

"W- wait, where's Y/n?" Carla looks around for any glimpse of her eldest child, but nothing. All she sees is the chaos of everything around her.

"T- they're here! Behind us!" Shouts Eren. He turns around, but he's only met with the destructive view of Shiganshina, "They were just here! I swear!"