Special Chapter 1

MIKASA'S POV
I shifted and turned in my bed, trying to get comfortable, but I couldn't. I wasn't tired anymore, but I still wanted to try and sleep. After many failed attempts, I sighed and got out of bed, making my way over to the mirror in my room. I looked at myself and saw that my hair was a mess, strands and locks of it standing up and pushed out, not as neat as it usually is. Picking up the brush on the table, I did my best to try and fix it, but the brush was a bit old and didn't do much to help, "That doesn't look bad." I said as I turned my head to get a better look at the sides, trying to see if I brushed well enough.

I walked towards the door and opened it, peeking outside. It was quieter than it usually was which confused me. I sighed and went back to my room, getting one of my folded dresses from the basket nearby. Undressing from my bed clothes into my attire that I rarely got to wear from being in the military. I rubbed my eyes and got rid of any remaining sleep, finally looking awake and alive.

I walked out of my room and shut the door behind me, immediately being greeted by a soft and friendly voice, "Good morning, Mikasa." Elias said as he waved at me.

I waved back and looked around, "Where is everyone?"

"I have no clue." He shrugged and looked around with me, "Maybe they went somewhere."

"Do you know where Y/n is?" I asked, his whereabouts quickly coming to my concern.

"I think I last saw him in the kitchen." Elias said followed by a yawn and a stretch, "Sorry. I had to go all the way back to Wall Sina for a few things. I'm kinda tired." He rubbed his eyes and fixed his hair, the colors that were on it catching my attention.

"What is that?" I asked, pointing at the black strands of the tips of his hair, while the rest of his hair was brown.

"Oh, it's called hair dye. A lot of people in Wall Sina use it to look younger than they actually are. I just thought it looked nice." Elias chuckled and twirled the tips of his hair, the strands wrapping around his finger.

"Hair dye?" I asked, tilting my head a bit.

"Yeah. It's pretty cool." Elias said as he looked at my hair.

"You were right. It does look nice." I said as I touched his hair, seeing if it felt different than the rest of it, but it felt the same.

"Wanna go for a walk outside?" Elias suggested, going downstairs and ushering me to follow him.

I wanted to go visit Y/n, but a small walk couldn't hurt, "I'd like that." I followed him as he opened the door for me, allowing me to step out first and watching to make sure I didn't trip on the stairs.

He followed me and breathed in heavily, then exhaling deeply, "Nice fresh air." Elias said as the cool zephyr hit our faces, it relaxed me as well as Elias. We walked in silence for a few minutes until Elias spoke, "So how have things been with you?"

"I barely get to see Y/n after all of this stuff. My heart aches for him. Whenever I'm around him, my heart flutters and my stomach gets this weird tingly feeling." I said, putting my hand over my heart and feeling the normal beats of how it usually is when I'm not around Y/n.

Elias brought his hands up to his mouth, stifling a laugh, "I- I think I know why that is."

I raised an eyebrow and looked at him, doing my best to piece together what he was getting at, "What?"

"Have you had these feelings for a long time?" Elias asked as I nodded, "Then you might be in love with him. You've probably been in love with him for a long time, you just didn't know what you were feeling."

Hearing his words about me loving Y/n made my heart feel fuzzy and caused my face to heat up, a visible dark red blush plastered on my cheeks, "Y- You might be ri- right." I brought my scarf up to my nose, not wanting Elias to see my embarrassed expression, but I'm sure he had already caught a glimpse earlier. I felt happy, but with his next words, my world came crashing down.