Season One: Chapter 13

MIKASA'S POV
J- Just what is that thing?

"Mikasa!"

I hesitantly turned around and saw, "Armin?" He suddenly picked me up and landed on a roof, the both of us stumbling as we tried to stand. Connie and Eren came by as I looked at them.

"Mikasa!" Eren beamed, happy to see that I was ok.

"Eren." I nodded and acknowledged him as I looked at Armin, "What are you doing here?"

"We came for you, but now, I don't know." Armin sighed and looked down.

"Hey, look! It's a Titan!" Connie shouted, pointing at the one I saw earlier. It had gotten into a fight with another Titan, "Stay back!"

"No. That one's different." I said, startled a bit from the mysterious Titan.

"And?! It's still a Titan! It'll come for us next! We have to get out of here!" Connie protested as Eren gently pushed him forward.

"Just calm down and wait for Armin." Eren said as Connie sighed and looked at the Titan.

"What's it doing?"

The Titan got into a fighting stance and punched the other one, it's head flying off from the impact. Blood oozed out from the Titan's body as it fell to the floor, still gushing blood, but that stopped, as soon as-

"It crushed it's nape!" Armin shouted, astonished to see that it knew how to kill a Titan.

"It's fighting stance... It reminds me of someone..." Eren mumbled as I looked at him, thinking the exact same thing.

"Whatever! Let's just go!" Connie suggested once more, annoyed that we were still here.

"Even if we wanted to go, we couldn't. Mikasa's out of gas." Armin informed the two. I looked down, my hair covering my shameful eyes.

I'm sorry, Y/n... I gave up and it almost got everyone killed...

"Here." Armin quickly took out his gas canisters and replaced mine with his, "Take these too." Armin offered his blades, leaving himself a broken one, "Just leave me with this... I don't wanna go down without putting up a fight..."

"Armin..." I looked at him. He was broken. He blamed himself for Y/n's death, as did I. But Y/n wouldn't want this, I know he wouldn't.

Leaning down, I put my hand on top of Armin's and threw away his broken blade. He hopelessly tried to reach for it, but I made him face me, "We're not leaving you here alone."

"Mikasa's right. You're coming with us, Armin." Eren smiled, offering a hand to Armin so he could stand up. He trembled and grabbed Eren's hand, losing his balance a bit but regaining it just as fast as he stood up.

Connie fretted, "So... What's the plan, Armin?"

"Mikasa and you will clear a path to HQ. I'll hang onto Eren and we should make it there. I can't guarantee this will work, but it's the best option we have." Armin despairingly informed us. There were a lot of Titans around HQ. Would we even be able to make it back?

"It'll work, Armin. You're the smartest person I know." Eren motivated Armin, making him smile. In the distance, we heard someone's ODM Gear as it got closer and close to us, until it landed on the rooftop.

"There you four are." The person stated, clearly unconcerned. Just who was he?

"Rayvon! Why are you here?" Armin asked.

"I came to find you guys. And now that I have, I can let the others know you're alive. The rest isn't my problem." Rayvon sighed and looked away, "Such a waste of time." His looks reminded me of-