Season One: Chapter 12

MIKASA'S POV
I have a place to call home in this cruel world.
Y/n... As long as I have you, I can do anything.

ARMIN'S POV
"Armin!"

"Armin!"

"H- Huh?" I looked up, seeing Connie's face in front of me. I was too zoned out to realize where I was and what happened. I didn't even realize Eren wasn't with me anymore.

"Where's your squad? We found you alone here. What happened? Where's Y/n and the others?" I looked down as horrible images filled my mind. Mina, dead. Thomas, dead. Milieus, dead. Nack, dead. Y- Y/n... Dead... And it was all my fault... I should've helped...

"You're useless! You should just die! You can't do anything!" I shouted, hating myself for not being able to do a single thing while I watched all of my friends die in front of me.

"Armin... What happened?" Connie asked once more.

"Isn't it obvious? His squad died and he survived. Maybe he was so scared that the Titans didn't notice him because he sat so still." Ymir stated nonchalantly as she shrugged.

"We don't know that!" Connie rebbuted, clearly angry from her very true words. Connie just didn't know the truth of what happened. None of them did.

"It's pretty clear that he's the only one left. There's no point In trying to argue. You know it's true." Ymir said as Connie stepped up towards her, most likely intending to fight with her. 

Krista stepped in between the two, breaking up their fight, "We can't be doing this right now! We should be getting back to the others!"

"That's my Krista! Marry me after this!" Ymir beamed excitedly, slinging her arm around Krista's shoulder.

"I'm gonna go...." I said, leaving the others as Connie shouted behind me.

I'm so useless... I can't do anything...

I continued to make my way towards the others until I slammed into a wall. The force of the impact knocking me out the air and onto the floor. I caught my breath and sat up as I heard someone wailing a few inches away from me.

Looking over, I saw a cadet trying to pump someone's heart, but I knew there was no point. The bottom half of his body was missing entirely. He was already dead, "Help me! He's not breathing!" She continued to pump on his chest with the only thing happening being blood coming out of his wounds.

"J- Just stop... There's no p- point..." I stuttered out and got up, taking off towards the others. I looked around until I caught a few small figures below me in the distance. I sped up and headed toward them.

Landing on a rooftop, I looked around and saw everyone had just been sitting here. They hadn't retreated to the top of the wall. 

"Why don't we head back to HQ and resupply?!" I heard Connie shout at Jean.

"There's no point. We wouldn't even make it." Jean sighed. His face was full of fear and his hair covered his eyes a bit, a gloomy shadow appearing over them. I wonder what he had seen.

I sighed and sat against a wall. My breathing was unsteady, each breath felt like a knife was stabbing me. My heart was beating faster than normal. I couldn't focus on anything. I tried to calm down, until a certain person popped into my head,

No... Mikasa... What do I tell her?