Season Two: Chapter 42

Krista and the rest all looked on shocked. They couldn't believe what was before their eyes. Ymir was a Titan and she had hid it from them all, "Ymir's a Titan. . ."

"No. . . it's not possible. . ." Connie stared in awe, shaking his head vigorously, mumbling incoherent sentences of disbelief and denial. Bertolt and Reiner didn't utter a word. Their eyes were fixated on Ymir hopping from Titan to Titan, their napes each flying off with one clean swipe.

Krista could t even finish a sentence, abruptly stopping each as memories of Ymir flooded through her mind, "So she's just like. . ." She rummaged through everything she could think of. She tried to see if there was any clue or hint Ymir had given her, but nothing turned up. All those years they spent together, and still Krista knew nothing of Ymir. Her entire image of her was shattered.

"Krista, did you know about this?" Reiner felt apprehensive about the entire situation. Every scenario he could come up with only ended with one conclusion for him and Bertolt.

Krista shakes her head and glance back at Reiner, noticing his fearful look. Bertolt looked no different, "N- no! I didn't! I swear!"

Ymir let out an ear-piercing roar, echoing in the night sky as everyone quickly covered their ears. Though, the Titans were only more agitated.

"Ymir. . ." Connie peeks his head up to look over at her, taking note of the swarm of Titans, and sinks back down to the floor, "We're doomed. . ."

Krista, the optimistic one as always, refused to lay down and die. She ignored the others hopelessness and leaned over one of the merlons, getting a better view of the chaos ensuing below, "Ymir! Come on, you can do this!"

The other three focused their attention on Krista, baffled at how she could always remain so hopeful even in situations with no way out, "Krista?" The three of them said in unison.

"You can't die here! What would it all have been for! You can't talk all the way you did just to end up low this! Show them who's boss!" Krista shouted and complained at the same time. The only though that was racing in her head was that of Ymir's imminent death.

Ymir's Titan glanced up at Krista, her arms holding back two Titans that were pressuring her. Using their bodies she jumped up to the tower, pressing her nails into the bricks. Krista's eyes lit up with joy, but soon they were replaced with distress as Ymir once again plummeted back into Hell.

"Ymir?" Connie worriedly asked.

"Ymir!"

"Krista!" Reiner shouted. Acting hastily, he grabbed her ankle and caught her before she fell to her death.

"O- oh. Thanks, Reiner." She looked back at him with a slight smile, feeling slightly uncomfortable from his grip around her leg, "O- ow! Reiner!"

"Let go of her, man!" A slap on the back from Connie snapped Reiner back to reality who let go of Krista.

Embarrassed at his actions, Reiner looked down and his his face from her. How could he do such a thing to his goddess was the only thing on his mind, "S- sorry." Though Krista's attention immediately went back to Ymir.

"Th- they're. . ." Krista looked on in horror, her mind and heart racing as she though of any possible way she could save the one person who showed her so much kindness.