Season One: Chapter 11

MIKASA'S POV
Y/n, please be ok.

"Look! Down there!" Ian shouted, pointing at Wall Rose's inner gate. It was blocked by a cart. But why?

The people should've been evacuated by now. Unless... This cart is holding them up. Looking behind me,

I felt the harsh rumbling of the ground, moments before...

"It's a Titan!" A Titan came between the buildings, running at full speed.

"All units engage! Stop the Titan from attacking the civilians!" Ian commanded the elite squad as they went after the Titan, making it's way toward the civilians. I couldn't let that happen. I can't let so many people die.

"We can't catch it! It's too fast!"

"Why's it ignoring us?!"

"That's an abnormal! No point in questioning it!"

"We're the elite squad and even we can't keep up with it!"

Rushing past the soldiers, I went straight for the Titan's nape. Killing it. Instantly.

It crashed onto the ground. It's body making the ground rumble a bit. I stood atop the Titan and looked ahead of me as a man spoke up, "Perfect timing! Make them help me! You'll be greatly rewarded!" 

He was one of the merchants, the type who didn't really give a care for anyone but himself. Anger boiled up inside of me, "My comrades are dying out there, because the civilians aren't evacuating. They're laying down their lives to hold off the Titans."

"Of course! You devoted your hearts to protecting the lives and fortunes of the citizens! Don't start getting full of yourselves just because you're suddenly useful for the first time in a century!" He shouted. His tone, angry and annoyed that no one had decided to help him.

Upon hearing this, I jumped off the Titan's nape and walked towards the man. Flipping my blades to the blunt side, I looked at the man and continued walking towards him, "If you think it's natural for people to sacrifice their own lives to save others, surely you understand that, sometimes, a single death can save many lives."

"How dare you! I go way back with your boss! We'll be laughing together over your dead body." He threatened me. But empty threats meant nothing. Two men next to him ran at me. Hitting the back of their necks with the blunt side of my blades, I knocked them down as their bodies hit the floor.

He shuddered as I walked nearer to him. With nowhere to run or hide, no one to protect him. He was scared, his cowardice couldn't get him anywhere. He was frozen in the thought of dark premonitions.

"How can a dead body talk?" I raised my blade.

I quickly striked my blade down, the merchant jumped with fright, but my blade stopped inches from his throat.

"Wait!" He pleaded. A sweat ran down his forehead and temple, he shook harshly just from my glaring gaze...

"Boss?" One of his workers stammered as he stood up.

"Pull the cart back" He ordered. The cart was finally pulled back, allowing the civilians to get through to evacuate safely.

Turning around to leave, I heard a soft voice shout, "Thanks, Miss!"