Season One: Chapter 22

Y/N'S POV
Erwin smiled slightly, pleased to see the ones who stayed, "Very well. Welcome to the Survey Corps."

"All cadets dismissed!"

I looked at all my friends as they glanced back at me, giving me one last look before leaving. Mikasa stood there and just looked at me, "Ma'am, you have to get going."

Mikasa nodded slowly and gave me one last look, before reluctantly leaving with the others, "Damn it." I mumbled to myself.

"Sir, you have to leave too. You can't stay here." I followed the voice, seeing two Scouts talking to Rayvon.

"Get out of my way." Rayvon pushed pass the two soldiers and got up on the stage.

"Sir, you can't be up there!"

"Get down! Now!"

Rayvon looked me in the eyes, "Try not to die. You have no idea how important you are." He smiled and hopped off the stage, walking away.

The hell was that about?

I tilted my head, squinting my eyes to get a better look at Rayvon, "I barely ever talk to him. But his face, he looks like-"

"He probably doesn't like you or something. Who cares, just leave it alone." A Scout said as they ushered me to follow him and Erwin, "Now come on."

MIKASA'S POV
"When do we get our uniforms?" Eren asked me.

"I don't know." I looked around, seeing the new Scouts vomiting, coughing, or trembling in fear.

"I- I don't know if I can do this..."

"I don't wanna die! Take me home!"

"Maybe I should've picked a different regiment..."

"If you weren't prepared for this, then you shouldn't have joined. You might as well be better off dead." We all looked in the direction of voice, seeing Rayvon standing against a wall. Arms crossed, head looking down, and his posture firm, not a single tremble or shake. How is he always so calm?

Eren added onto Rayvon's statement, furious at everyone, "He's right! You joined because you were ready to put your lives on the line! You can't back out now!"

"That's easy for you to say! You just want to throw your life away all the damn time! It was your fault Y/n died in the first place, wasn't it!?" The cadet yelled.

Eren took a few steps back, his figure shaking and his hands unsteady as he tried to grab onto something to hold onto, but he only fell and was met with the floor beneath him, "I..."

"What about at the court?! We heard what happened!"

"He's right! Your shouting and blabbering almost got your brother killed again!"

"I- I didn't... No... I..." Staring at the ground wide-eyed, Eren struggled to get his words out, "I didn't mean to..."

"That's enough." I said.

I was ignored as he continued, the others just looking on, "You're always getting him in trouble!"

"And what's it to you? You wanted him dead just for being a Titan." Rayvon said.

"Huh?!" The scout looked over at him as he walked up to him, "You piss me off the most! Always thinking you're so tough, just wait until I beat your ass!" Grabbing Rayvon's collar, he slammed him against the wall, chipping the wood of the cabin a bit from the force.

"Rayvon!" Elias shouted as he tried to intervene.

"I don't remember asking for your help. Stay out of this." Rayvon set his attention back on the scout in front of him, "You know, if you keep being such a bitch, maybe I'll kill you myself. You obviously won't be any use to the Scouts."