Season Two: Chapter 38

SASHA'S POV
E- Elias...

"Braus! Listen up!" I overheard a Scout shout my name, "You'll need to go south with a few others. Evacuate everyone there and don't waste time." He ordered me, his eyes focused on the terrain ahead of him.

I looked off to the side, seeing an open area clear of Titans, "I'll go myself, sir! I know the area well!" I pulled the reins of my horse, turning it in the direction of the clearing. Ignoring the other's shouts to come back as their horses got further away.

I'll save the people here, then I'll come back to the wall.

I shook my head and relaxed myself, relieving any tension, "Just help them and go." I mumbled to myself and entered the familiar woods of where I used to live.

CONNIE'S POV
"Sasha! Damn it! She's already gone!" I gritted my teeth and smacked my fist on my horse, making it stumble a bit.

"Now's not the time, Springer. Stay focused. It's only us few soldiers and you cadets, we can't lose any of us. You all don't have your ODM either, so don't try anything risky." Gelgar said, a dark shadow cast over his eyes and his voice wavering. I could tell he was scared for his life. Just like the rest of us.

"Sorry, sir." I sighed and looked in the direction of my village, fighting an urge to just leave everyone and go check on my family.

"Why don't you just do it?" I felt someone's warm breath on my ear, their face only inches away from mine.

I shivered and turned to look at them, "Y- Ymir?"

"Just go. I can see it in your eyes. You want to go to your village." Ymir said, a small, unfriendly smile on her face.

"A- Are you crazy?! There's Titans out there! I'm not go-"

"I'll go with you." Reiner said, cutting me off.

"Same here." Bertolt said, smiling.

I gulped and nodded slowly, "A- Alright, fine."

"But that's only if you focus on the mission right now. We need all hands on deck here. We can't afford for anyone to die." Reiner furrowed his brows and looked off to the side, incoherently mumbling to himself.

"Where's this hole at anyway?" I asked.

"We don't know. Scouts have been sent to survey the perimeter. We're waiting on a report from them." Nanaba said. I could tell she was trying to stay calm.

Why is this happening? Mom, dad, everyone...

SASHA'S POV
My breaths started to get heavier as I rode past the same trees over and over again. It felt like I was going in circles, "W- Where is everyone?" I mumbled to myself. I was starting to lose hope. I breathed in, trying to calm myself down, when a bridge came into my view, "I haven't seen that before." I rode over to it, crossing it and ending up in a village I didn't recognize.

What is this place?

I looked around, recognizing the infrastructure of the houses around me, but it was unusually quiet, "Where is everyone?" I hopped off my horse, leaving it by the bridge for an easy escape. I quietly walked around, hoping not to attract any unwanted attention, "That door is wide open." I looked at the house ahead of me. Rotten brown logs and the tiles of the roof were a faded blue. It looked like it had been constructed some time ago.

I'm sure it's nothing. It can't be anything too bad. Maybe it's just a pig or a boar or something. Don't be scared.

I begrudgingly stepped into the house, hearing low crunching noises coming from the corner, "Sorry for the intrus-" I looked on, shocked at the sight ahead of me. A Titan eating another human, while a little girl watched.