Season One: Chapter 14

Y/N'S POV : Ten Years Old
I slowly opened my eyes and looked away from the bright light of the sun that was shining on my eyes. I looked around and saw Mom, Dad, and Eren standing over me. They looked worried and relieved.

"Y/n's up!"

"W- Where am I?" I sat up and rubbed my eyes, getting rid of any remaining amounts of sleep.

"You're home, sweetie." Mom smiled as I looked around, recognizing everything. I was home, but how did I get here?

"How'd I get here?" I asked.

Dad looked at me and sighed, "You gave Mikasa your scarf and then after that, the cold air hitting your face and your cracked ribs made you faint, so I carried you back home. "

My eyes widened as I frantically looked around, "Where's Mikasa!? Is she ok?!"

"Y/n, calm down. Mikasa's fine." Mom reassured me, patting my back and pointing up, "She's sleeping in your room."

"She wouldn't leave your side at all. We basically had to force her to sleep." Eren snickered, but there was still a concerned tone in his voice.

"C- Can I go check on her?" I asked. I touched my side and couldn't feel any major pain, besides a small remaining ache.

"It's fine, Y/n. I patched you up, just don't do anything reckless and you should be fully healed in no time." Dad smiled, offering me a hand to stand up.

With dad's help, I stood up and staggered with my trembling legs upstairs, until I made it to my room. I walked into the room and looked at my bed, seeing Mikasa sleeping comfortably.

She seems to be fine after everything that happened.

I turned around and was about to head downstairs until I heard a voice behind me, "Y/n?"

I turned around and saw Mikasa sitting up on the bed. Her face looked relieved, but her dark orbs were full of concern for me. She rushed over and hugged me, making me a bit startled as I stumbled back a little, "I'm glad you're ok. I was worried."

"Y- Yeah. I'm glad to see you're safe." I hesitantly hugged back.

"Y/n! Mikasa!"

I heard mom shout as the two of us broke away from the hug and went downstairs, "Your father, Eren, and I are going out for the day. Don't stay out too late and don't be reckless. Stay safe. Love you."

"Bye, Big Brother, see you soon!" Eren waved as I waved back.

"Bye, Eren. Bye, dad. Bye mom, love you all." I sighed and looked around, "Well now I don't know what to do." I felt someone cling onto my arm. I looked back, seeing Mikasa, "You ok?"

"I'm fine. I just want to stay close." Mikasa said.

I felt my heart leap as my face heated up a bit, "A- Alright."

What's this feeling? It feels strange... But nice...

"I have an idea!" I turned around and put my hands on Mikasa's shoulders, "I'll show you around Shiganshina!" I beamed with a excitement.

Mikasa smiled and nodded, "As long as it's with you Y/n, I'll do anything."

My face flushed red and I embarrassingly looked to the side, "Y- You know you don't have to say stuff like that... Let's just go!" I smiled and held her hand, bringing her outside. The warm sun hitting my face, the cool air blowing past us. It was the perfect day.

I brought Mikasa to the market area and showed her around, "Here's where they sell stuff to you. Like food, water, toys, and anything else you need. It's pretty busy, so try not to come here alone or you'll get lost."