Season One: Chapter 9

Y/N'S POV
"As of now, the 104th trainee corps is disbanded!"

Walking back into the mess hall, I sat down at my table and watched the other cadets boast about finishing training.

"Look at that, I made it in the top 10. I'll be joining the Military Police soon!" Jean shouted. Soon, every cadet was around him, asking him questions, how he passed, and a lot more boring things. I could really care less. Getting bored of not having anything to do, I stood up and walked outside to get some fresh air. I continued walking until I looked up and realized how beautiful the stars looked today. I stared at them for a good amount of time, until I was brought back from my thoughts by someone's voice catching me off guard.

EREN'S POV
"Life behind the walls, serving the king." Marco fantasized about being able to hide behind these walls, not having to ever fight, while others died so he and many others could live. It's pathetic. Why all this training if they wouldn't even use it?

"I'll be joining the Scouts." I firmly stated. The whole room went silent. Whispers all around and people staring at me, wearing a shocked and scared expression, the same expression a person has when someone they know gets killed by a Titan.

"The Scouts?"

"Is he crazy?"

"Eren, you made it in the top 10, you could get away from all those Titans. You could join the Military Police and be safe behind the walls." Thomas suggested, concerned about me.

"What's the point of that?! We trained nonstop for 3 years and what, we just hide behind these walls?! We should bring the fight to the Titans! Not run away from them and cower in fear! I'll kill those Titans! I'll exterminate them... Every last one..."I shouted, but then mumbled the last part of my speech. Getting annoyed of all this attention, I ran out the mess hall as I heard two people's footsteps following me.

Y/N'S POV
"Who are you guys?" I lifted an eyebrow and tilted my head a bit, trying to figure out if I could remember any one of them.

"Rayvon Rouge." The slightly taller male dully stated. He had black hair that was standing up with a few strands coming onto the side of his face. I couldn't make out what other features he had, since it was nighttime and the moonlight didn't help much.

"Elias Weber!*l" He smiled and gleamed. He was average height. Not too tall and not too short, but he was shorter than me, I could almost just pick him up. His hair was brown with a tint of black, it was like he did that one thing the nobles in Wall Sina do. Where they changed their hair color. He did say he was from there after all.

"And I'm Ariel Arisu, or you can just call me Ari!" The girl beamed with excitement, just from saying her name like it was something extraordinary. She had brown hair and was the shortest person here. Her smile and excitement was a nice thing to see, since you don't get to see it very often around here.

"I'm Y/n. I don't know my last name so I couldn't tell you that. Sorry." I rubbed the back of my neck and looked down in embarrassment.

"It's fine. I'm sure everything is confusing for you after Shiganshina." Rayvon sounded nonchalant and as if the event of humanity losing the wall didn't matter to him. Ariel's eyes were locked on him as if she recognized him.

"I'm sorry that happened to you. Everything about it. Losing your parents, any siblings you had, and everything you knew." Elias sympathized, feeling the loss, even though he wasn't there for it.

"I'm really sorry that happened to you. But we'll be there for you whenever you need us!" Ariel reassured me and smiled, making me feel a bit better. Looking behind them, I saw Mikasa, Eren, and Armin approaching me.