Chapter 17

I said about a lot of thank yous to Ives after helping me for finding some money. As a gift for him, I gave him a painting of mine for free. Iyong view ng city ang ibinigay ko sa kanya. Quite simple but it looks elegant for me, especially because I was so determined to do that. It is my way also of appreciating what he did for me.

Katatapos lang ng klase namin at ngayon ako babalik ng probinsya. Last weekend, Ives still got a chance to meet me at the plaza.

Ang akala ko ay mag o-offer na naman ito ng tulong sa akin sa ganoong paraan ulit, pero nagpapasalamat ako na hindi. I was there to paint again for people.

Wearing my usual clothes with my eyes that are now in deep awe because of the paintings that are in front of me, I am waiting for Jaeden's parents. Nasa loob kami ng painting shop. They are meeting with the owner and I am also taking my chance here to dream for my future.

Bawat detalye ng nakikita ko ay hindi nakakaligtaan. These paintings are too far from mine. My goal now is to at least have my own shop also in the future and will keep inspiring aspiring painters.

I wonder how it feels if someone's admiring you because of your skill? Does hearing from them how beautiful your works are sounds satisfying? Lalo na kapag successful.

The paintings are inside a clear glass window that opens only if someone's interested to buy. My hand moved as if touching it while my heart's full of possibility that I can be who I want in the next coming years. A sweet smile appeared to me as seeing myself on the reflection.

Balang araw din matutupad ko ang lahat. Giving my parents the success that I am expecting will happen. I swear that to myself.

"I would be glad for you to meet her. She is my scholar, Sean." My hand suddenly went far from the glass when I heard Sir Gael's voice who's now approaching where I am standing. Jaeden's mother is smiling at me as they walk.

Naging magalang ako nang sandaling nakalapit na ang kausap ni sir, iyong may-ari ng magandang shop na ito. I know why they brought me here. They want me to meet him, to introduce myself to him because he's fond of someone like me, the painter who is also aiming for a success.

I introduced myself to him and shook hands. Magkasing edad lang sila ni sir Gael. They are also both good looking. Ramdam ko ang katuwaan niya nang sandaling makita ako.

"I am so sorry hija if Gael brought you here for an instant. He knows who I want to entertain!" he said and I only kept quiet, not being able to know what should I do after shaking his hands.

Respetadong tao ang kaharap ko. I keep on reminding myself that I am here only to know him, to have an idea of him. It's like being face to face with the most successful painter.

Tinapik ni sir Gael ang balikat niya. Ma'am Olivia's being fascinated also by the paintings. I cannot see Jaeden's resemblance from them about liking anything that includes paintings. Only their physical traits.

"And now I am telling you, my son's fond of her also. Hindi na ako magugulat pa. She got a pure heart and pure talent! What a combo, right?"

Natulala na lang ako roon sa isiniwalat niya. Jaeden really talked about me to his parents? Kung ano talaga iyong ginagawa niya sa akin? His father told this man in front of me without thinking what I might react after. Nagulat ako roon.

Ma'am Olivia elbowed him after seeing my reaction. Gulat na gulat lang naman ako. Like huge waves of the sea slammed at me. Do they really like me aside from my talent?

Sir Sean looked at me with much likeness, like he's in total favor of me.

"Ang inaanak kong iyon? I won't question his likes for that since I can see the proof now." Nagtawanan silang dalawa habang pasimpleng sinabihan ako ng pasensya ni ma'am Olivia. Like high school sweethearts, she gave a sharp glare to her husband which he ignored only.