PROLOGUE

sequoia swan, infant.

she didn't make it.

a mother who just gave birth to her daughter. a wonderful treasure, a treasure she could not keep.

unfortunate times came over. the infant had powers very few have obtained. only seen throughout one blood line, a blood line consisting of one daughter per generation.

the tradition was lost, a mother to raise, teach, and help her child. never has one been left to grow up alone. the elders watched over, sensing a change was coming. an unknown change, a change this child was to fulfill.

sent to her biological father. a father who found another love. a father who didn't want to look after her daughter. he wanted a child with his current partner, who just proposed the news.

sequoia swan, toddler.

two children. it was too much for the likes of charlie swan, causing a break between the previous lover. it was heartbreaking for the younger sibling, possibly blaming her sister. charlie had to take the older one, disappointed, but the sister's mother wasn't related to the young girl.

he raised the young sequoia with bare needs, enough not to get her taken away. he still wanted to be able to see bella of course. the father of two didn't realise what was coming for the eldest. he didn't realise how hard it would be for her. he didn't want her. he threw all his love to the younger daughter living with her mother. she only came around once a year, it was the only time she saw her father happy.

he blamed poor, naïve sequoia. she didn't know what she did wrong, she didn't understand the sheer annoyance constantly coming off her father.

she was so young, the constant negativity from her father did get to her. she tried to grasp her innocence for as long as she could. it didn't work for long, she was forced to raise herself throughout the upcoming years. she wasn't ready, not yet.

sequoia swan, elementary years.

a smart girl for her age sequoia, top of the class one may add. problem is, she still acted clueless to the poor father figure 'raising' her. she still looked up to him, tried so hard to please him, it never worked. he always found a way to blame her.

she took this to heart, always trying to improve her ways of thought, trying to better herself for him. nothing satisfied him, she learnt to cook even, mastered many difficult dishes to possibly improve both individual's lifestyle. sequoia really tried everything. she did.

sequoia swan, middle school years.

she soon acted as a people pleaser towards everyone. she wanted the validation of others in a response to the lack her parental figure gave. she was a teacher's pet, then got teased for it. she wanted to fit in, then her grades fell. sequoia found it so difficult to balance aspects of her life, trying to get on the good side of everyone around her. this only went downhill.

sequoia swan, sophomore.

she was nearly 16, an age where her kind started to really grow up. the violet eyes came a shock to the teenager. she never knew of her mother's background. sequoia had to hide her unnatural eyes, starting with contacts, then learning to control them herself. she spent every spare moment she could testing out what was possible. the girl was quite advanced for her age yet could never test her magic properly, a risk that her father might see.

she manages to hide her eyes and powers from other students at school. there have been a few moments where someone made the girl ticked off, but nothing has ever happened. not even those vampires know.

the cullens. how mysterious and closed off they were. they were intrigued by the girl when they moved to forks from alaska. the family were slightly bothered how none of them could use their own power against her. she knew this, grateful that she was able to block the creature's attempts from gathering information on her. she didn't exactly interact with them, it was a mutual relationship, a small tension between them with the suspicions of each other. she'd never tell them and they were too afraid to ask.

sequoia swan, junior.

alice cullen. a short, fairy-like vampire of the cullen family. she was the most intrigued of sequoia, slightly annoyed she couldn't see any future of her. at the start of junior year, much to her siblings' dismay, she decided to confront the girl during a lunchtime.

alice took the chance to sit next to her while she was still alone. sequoia was surprised at first, not used to much vampire interaction up to this point. she then grew anxious, wondering if she'd finally figured her out.

"hi!"

from this point on alice and sequoia became the best of friends. rosalie sooned bettered her relationship with sequoia from being in a few similar classes. sequoia found herself at ease and comfortable around the two, despite them being a different species to her. she still found herself wary, careful not to expose her magic to them.

the junior year went well with her new founded friends, she eventually warmed up to the three brothers, now sitting with the family at lunchtimes and during class.

sequoia swan, senior.