cinq

sequoia had spent all saturday reading her selection of books. she'd been working on simple elemental spells, in particular, creating and controlling fire. the witch was now able to conjure a fireball and set flammable objects on fire.

sequoia had also been trying teleportation, keyword 'trying'. she'd go out into the outskirts of the forest, trying to teleport from one tree to another. maybe it was too advanced for her? but sequoia believed if she put enough focus into it, the young adult could do it. teleportation had been one thing that sequoia wanted to achieve, thinking it could help her in many situations.

"come on just focus!" sequoia mumbled to herself. she was planted next to a thick tree trunk, focusing on another nearby. "imagine yourself there, no, you're already there." she closed her eyes, almost about to call it a day. opening her eyes, she slowly realised that she wasn't next to the same tree as she'd been for the last hour, "oh my god! i did it!" she squealed, rushing to grab her phone and call alice.

"guess what i just did?" sequoia didn't even bother to say hello, her excitement creeping up too much.

"enlighten me."

"i just teleported!" she replied in a sing-song voice, walking back to her house.

"really? i'm so proud of you!" alice responded in excitement, genuinely happy for the witch.

sequoia giggled, "yep, i'm already training to get edward better next time."

"speaking of edward, i'll pick you up tomorrow morning? so you can avoid him if you want."

the witch assumed alice must've had a vision with the two, so she agreed. saying goodbye, she lied down on the couch, exhausted from using so much energy.

-

"i'm glad you're here, we need an umpire," esme exclaimed, leading bella by the arm to the home plate. "call 'em as you see 'em bella."

rosalie was first up for batting, swinging the bat for a warmup. a loud crack of thunder was heard, slightly startling the human.

"it's time," alice announced.

rosalie nodded at alice, indicating she was ready for the pitch. alice held the ball with her right hand at her waist, looking to calculate her upcoming move. sequoia forgot how elegant alice was at pitching, she would wind-up the ball, lifting her leg before striking towards esme's hand. rosalie swung at the ball, a loud crack echoed throughout the environment.

"i still wonder how you don't ruin the bats," sequoia remarked, "you hit them awfully hard."

"i see why you need the thunder" bella stated, not allowing anyone to respond to her sister.

edward ran towards the ball, disappearing into the forest while rosalie ran the bases.

"that's gotta be a home run," bella said, clearly underestimating the speed of edward, "right?"

"edward's very fast," esme simply responded, shaking her head slightly.

just as rosalie was about to make the home run, the ball came flying into esme's hands at immense speeds. the runner attempted to slide, wanting the catcher to be caught off guard. esme didn't fall for this, tagging her with the ball.

"you're out."

"out, woo!" emmett jumped, pumping his fist into the air, "babe cmon, it's just a game."

as rosalie returned to the batting line, sequoia couldn't help but overhear carlisle telling rosalie "nice kitty." she made a vomiting motion, confused and a bit disgusted with carlisle's choice of words.