sept

sequoia ended up in her, bella's, room after her scenario with victoria. the others hadn't returned yet if they were going to, or bella was going to stay at the cullens for a while. she hadn't heard from any of them, no calls, messages, nothing.

"look at them now sweetie, they're helping your sister."

they were, and sequoia was starting to doubt her friendship with the vampires. why didn't they come back for her? surely they didn't all need to go to the hospital.

"what's sequoia going to do, or have you all forgotten about her too?"

forgotten. that's what sequoia didn't want to hear. maybe rosalie was right, but why hasn't she heard from her either?

it was quite early still, the sun only just starting to rise. sequoia wasn't tired, she was stressed about the entire situation. would they come back? is bella ok? did they know she was with victoria?

"sequoia? what are you doing in bella's bed?" sequoia jumped a bit, startled at charlie's unannounced entry.

"sorry, i must've been so tired i didn't realise," sequoia lied, even though it was her room.

"it doesn't matter anymore, she's going to stay in jacksonville with her mother, i don't want her here anymore," charlie's face dropped a bit, "she's getting herself in too much danger."

sequoia pulled the duvet off her legs, "it's not your fault, she just wants to be an independent teenager, who doesn't know any better," she mumbled the last part, hoping her father didn't hear.

"don't talk about your sister in that way."

"she's the one that hurt herself, multiple times."

a knock on the door interrupted the argument. charlie looked at his oldest daughter, squinting his eyes, before walking downstairs.

"bella?"

oh you're kidding me.

sequoia was in disbelief. bella hurts herself, yet is now back to the danger's centre point. laurent and victoria are still out there, now with a friend dead, they'd want their revenge. surely.

the witch snuck off, into the forest to practice her magic more. she used her anger to her advantage, the heightened emotion helped to produce new spells.

fire, used to kill james.

speed, used to kill james.

strength, used to kill james.

she could be better than them, right? powerful, faster, stronger. she just needs to put her mind to it.

practice.

practice.

practice.

fireball after fireball, many burnt patches on the forest floor. sprint after sprint, tiring both her legs and magic. fallen tree after fallen tree, maybe a little too destructive.

hours had passed, the sun was now falling below the horizon. sequoia's muscles were begging her to stop, her head was throbbing and she felt lightheaded, but at least she knew one thing,

"i've just trained to kill a vampire."

-

"where have you been?"

"how did you get back?"

"what happened?"

questions were thrown at sequoia after stepping into the cullen residence. overwhelmed, she took a step back, holding a hand up to quiet then down.