onze

"they're werewolves sequoia!" bella cried, "and you didn't tell me, again."

"right, because i'm supposed to tell you everything?" the witch shook her head, annoyed at her sister's ignorance.

"they're my friends!"

"not mine! i'm not telling some stranger's secret to you!"

"well, the information could've been helpful before i got attacked by paul!"

"maybe don't barge into someone's house without permission, then slap some boy in the face!"

"he ruined jacob!" bella's voice was almost yelling at this point.

"oh my god, can you be any more stupid? i thought you did your research - he can't help it."

"i'm leaving."

-

"bella where are you?"

"you wanted me to be human, watch me."

"bella!"

"you won't stay with me any other way."

"bella, stop!" sequoia shrieked, horrified she didn't make it in time.

her sister's figure was seen, falling from the cliff. she ran forward to the edge, peering over to see bella's body disappear under a wave.

why am i doing this

she jumped after the younger girl, making sure to land in a spot where the water's surface was broken.

sequoia eyes were burning from the saltwater. she tried to follow bella's scent, her vision not helping her in the slightest. nothing was working for her though, it seemed another scent was interrupting her mission.

victoria

a cold hand grabbed sequoia's outstretched arm, pulling her away from her sister. she struggled in the grip, causing her to lose oxygen at a high rate.

the witch was brought to the surface, where she gasped for air. taking a look around, she realised she was much further from the rocks than expected. turning around, the blonde girl came face to face with the redhead.

"what the hell?!" she scolded, "she's gonna drown now, i didn't think this was your ideal situation to let her die in."

"shhh, look," the vampire turned the girl back around, "there's no need."

jacob black had run to the water's edge, diving in with the momentum. it didn't take long until he pulled the sister out of the water. bella was unconscious, being dragged by her childhood friend to the beach.

"see?" victoria quietly said, "she's fine, otherwise i would've taken her."

sequoia was still being held up by victoria, her hands placed on the girl's waist. she wriggled in her grip again, wanting to turn around and face her.

"so then why didn't you?"

"well you're far more interesting than her, aren't you," victoria questioned, "and getting you're sister when she wants to die is boring, don't you think?"

"i think you should take me back to shore."

"not with that scum there," she pulled a disgusted face, "stay with me for a bit, keep me company."

sequoia gazed into the vampire's burgundy eyes, "i'm in the middle of the ocean, i'd prefer to be on land, quite frankly."

victoria sighed before taking the girl to a different shoreline, "well i'd prefer if you stopped helping your sister."