seize

"she found us?" bella asked, positioning her body against her mate's. there was a few moments of silence before he spoke up.

"she's not alone," edward stated, his eyebrows furrowing in confusion.

a male figure stepped out into the clearing, just ahead of the couple. his glaring gaze fixed onto the human. his steps were slow, building anticipation as he walked towards the two.

"riley," the cullen started, "listen to me. victoria is just using you, to distract me." the other vampire didn't slow his pace with the words, and didn't move his eyes from bella. "she knows i'll kill you."

another vampire entered the scene, landing on a large rock nearby with a thud. the human jumped, shifting her gaze to where the sound came from. victoria's eyes met hers immediately.

"in fact, she'll be glad she won't have to deal with you anymore."

"don't listen riley," the redhead protested, almost avoiding eye contact with her current partner, "i told you about their mind tricks."

"i can read her mind, and i know what he thinks of you," the golden-eyed vampire put an arm in front of the human's body protectively as the attackers approached closer.

"he's lying."

"she only created you and this army to avenge james," as edward said this, riley began to rethink his morals. he looked towards victoria, a questioning look planted across his face.

"there's only you," she began to respond, her voice shaking slightly, "you know that." it was only then when she met the eyes of riley.

"think about it, you're from forks. you know the area, it's the only reason why she chose you," the protector continued to persuade, "she doesn't love you."

"riley," victoria had stated, not allowing any silence between the spoken phrases of herself and the other vampire, "don't let him do this to us, you know i love you."

the newest vampire turned his head away from his girlfriend, not looking at anything in particular. he stayed like this for a few moments, contemplating the two sides of the story before speaking up.

"you're dead."

as he bore his teeth and began to attack, a wolf came out of nowhere, pouncing him to the ground. they dug their teeth into his wrist, pulling at it until a hand eventually ripped from his body.

riley was grunting in pain as he held his handless arm in front of him. he let out a scream, scaring the few animals around, away.

bella turned her head towards another sound of movement. it was victoria, starting to flee from the scene, her instincts kicking in.

"you won't get another chance like this again," edward asserted, making the redhead stop in her tracks.

-

'this is your last chance'

the message appeared on sequoia's home screen. the witch wasn't interested in who sent it, more when it was sent.

26 min ago.

sequoia realised the fight had already started, but she also pieced together a different puzzle.

if victoria sensed danger coming to her, and edward managed to make her ignore these senses...then that means he may kill her.

well, wouldn't that be a good thing? it depends on your viewpoint, and on the witch's, her heart told her to rush to the scene.