dix

"he just ran off! did i do something wrong?" bella sulked, "he said he wouldn't leave me-"

"i'm sick of your dependence on these boys, please just stop putting the whole outcome of your life on them," sequoia grumbled, "just be independent for once, i swear."

"you don't know what it's like!"

"i'm not having this conversation with you again."

"i've lost both-"

"no, you have other friends, why don't you see them? is it because you don't actually like them?"

"no-"

"you're probably going to throw yourself off a cliff because of these boys, do you understand how stupid you sound?"

"i'm not going to!"

"you better not."

-

jake, your dad says you have mono, he won't let me visit, but would you call me?

"bella, if he's sick, he's not going to call you, he won't have the energy."

hey, it's me again, im sorry for what i said at the movie theatre, i just wanted to hear your voice so, no pressure.

jacob, please, call me

-

"bella where are you going?" asked sequoia, as her sister wandered through the forest.

"to the place, i can see him again."

"you aren't seeing him though, you just wish you were."

" i know what i'm seeing," huffed the brunette, "here, the meadow-"

the girls came to a clearing, a clearing now covered with dull, tall grass. it was nothing like it used to be in-season. bella walked forward, looking around with saddened eyes.

"you're not going to cry over some meadow, come on let's go," sequoia started, "bella this isn't healthy! you need to let him go."

a vampire's scent was caught by the witch, she looked ahead. a male figure was standing on the opposite side of the clearing, staring directly at the girls.

"bella," a french accent called.

"laurent."

the vampire moved closer, causing sequoia to stand next to bella.

"i didn't expect to find you here," he noted, "i went to visit the cullens but, the house is empty?" he help his arms up in a questioning manner. "i'm surprised they left you behind," he directed at the younger sister, "aren't you sort of a pet of theirs"

bella's voice was notably shaking, "yeah you can say that."

"do the cullens visit often?" laurent started to walk around, his eyes still locked onto bella.

bella paused for a moment, sequoia may have even caught her looking to the side, "yeah absolutely, all the time," her tone wasn't believable, " i'll tell them that you stopped by...i probably shouldn't tell edward." her voice was at a whisper by the end of the phrase.

"but he's far away isn't he?" the vampire interrogated, a smirk plastered on his face.

"why are you here?" bella changed the subject.

laurent flicked his eyes to the other sister, "i came as a favour to victoria."

"victoria," bella's voice was soft.