douze

"a witch? i thought they were extinct."

"interesting, how are you alive? after all, your mother couldn't survive your birth."

"you could be useful here, you know - use your powers to their full extent."

"no? bad luck, jane, do it."

"hmm, similar to your sister i see. i'll let her and the cullens go if you stay here."

"you don't want to stay? well then, who goes first?"

-

"wait," sequoia started, stopping in her tracks, "what about the volturi?"

alice's eyes didn't meet her own, almost avoiding her on purpose.

"alice just go!" bella cried, "we need to hurry."

"get in the car, please."

"don't get in."

the witch couldn't make a decision before the car was driven off at a high speed. she looked to her side, seeing jacob run off into the woods.

"see? wasn't so hard was it?" a voice from behind sequoia exclaimed. she let out a small shriek, not expecting anyone nearby.

"victoria? what the hell, why would you sneak up on me like that?"

"games, games, it's fun of course. and you seemed lost in your thoughts - it looked to be a good time to come and see you," the vampire smirked, leading the girl inside her own house.

where is this going?

"if you went to italy, they would've hurt one of your 'friends'," the redhead stated, sitting on the couch, "so technically, i did you a favour."

"what favour? you did nothing-," sequoia paused, seeing where the woman had placed herself, "make yourself at home why don't you?"

"gladly, but i did tell you not to go, but you never seem to listen to me."

"that was you?" the blonde girl raised an eyebrow, moving closer to the couch, "well it seems you want me here so you can have me alone, right?"

"if i wanted to kill you, i would've done it already," the vampire swung her feet onto the couch, laying back, "i've had plenty of opportunities, but then again, i can't really kill you - can i?"

"at least take your shoes off if you're gonna lie down."

victoria laughed, genuinely, surprising the girl. all her laughs consisted of a mischievous undertone, but this one didn't. sequoia was satisfied when the vampire did what she asked, but then thoughts came to her mind.

she's getting too comfortable, i don't want her staying for a while.

"what are you doing?"

"what you asked me to do."

"you going to settle in for the night or something?"

"maybe."

the witch didn't know how to respond to the vampire's words, what was she supposed to say? she didn't really want someone who plans to kill her sister in her house.

"why are you here?"

victoria had her head back on the armrest, looking towards the ceiling, "making sure you didn't visit the volturi, but since your father isn't here, might as well keep you safe."

"from what?"

"that's the mystery dear, could be anyone."

sequoia scrunched her nose in confusion, "why would you want to protect me? are you trying to get close to me to kill my sister?"