huit

sequoia swan, graduated.

"happy birthday bella!"

sequoia was standing awkwardly alone amongst the many couples around her. she was dragged along to bella's party at the cullens by alice, but also because charlie was watching the baseball game - taking her couch.

it had been months since the graduation. summer had passed and school had started for bella and the 'younger' cullens. throughout the months, bella managed to avoid trouble, giving everyone a much deserved holiday.

bella greeted the family of vampires, hugging them as they wished her a happy birthday.

"dating an older woman, huh?" emmett asked edward, causing a chuckle to escape from sequoia's lips, "what?"

"you first rosalie," alice hushed her blonde sister to give bella her present, handing rosalie's gift in the process.

the vampire stuck her arm out to bella, a scowl still plastered on her face, "it's a necklace, alice picked it up." 

"thanks."

"this one's from emmett," alice chirped, her personality opposing rosalie's. she handed the girl emmett's present from a table nearby.

bella shook the seemingly empty box.

"already installed it in your truck," emmett boasted, a large grin on his face noted how proud he was, "finally a decent sound system on that piece of crap-"

"hey! don't hate the truck," bella shook her head, causing smiles from the other vampires.

"open esme and carlisle's," alice continued, wanting to get a move on, her excitement too much to contain.

"just a little something to brighten your day," carlisle informed.

"we've noticed you've been looking a little pale recently," esme joked with a motherly smile on her face.

the birthday girl started to unravel the ribbon. having a little trouble, she cut her finger on the fabric. how did she manage that?

"paper cut." bella, you're in a room full of vampires.

edward threw his girlfriend into a table of vases, a cut in her upper arm was now visible. sequoia rushed to her sister as her arm was now covered in blood. she first masked the blood scent to calm the others down and make it easier to steady jasper.

she started to heal the wound, wanting to stop the blood flow before cleaning her arm up.

"what on earth are you doing?" bella hissed, pulling her arm away from the older sister.

"helping you, now keep still."

sequoia returned to focusing on the wound, not letting herself get distracted by the commotion behind her.

"you're not doing anything," bella exclaimed, pulling the witch from her thoughts.

"i won't be able to if you keep making me lose focus."

"what are you trying to achieve?"

"stop talking, i'll explain during a better time," sequoia replied, frustrated at bella's interruptions. she started on the wound again, focusing on the cuts to close up. her arm was still covered in blood, the witch found it hard to know when it was healed, but bella pulled her arm away - again.

"stop pulling your arm away," sequoia requested, rolling her eyes.

"well stop what you're doing, it's hurting me!"