Chapter 14 - Foreshadowing

----TW: Nightmare, panic attacks, derealisation, blood----

Italics - Y/N is dreaming

Y/N POV

We had just entered the Nether dimension, it felt strangely hot compared to the Overworld's climate. Our first and immediate mission was to locate a Nether Fortress in order to harvest nether wart and blaze rods - for potion brewing and eventually eyes of ender to help us find the stronghold. 

Us 5 had been searching for quite a while, dodging flows of lava falling from the roof of this land, forests of crimson and warp, slaying hoglins and bartering with the odd piglin. But eventually we found it... the Nether Fortress. It was the most terrifying structure I'd ever laid my eyes on, it towered over the land we were stood on. A fortress made of brick stained by the blood of its enemies, guards of dark looking skeletons that towered far higher than a normal skeleton would stand roam around, slaying every foreign being that stands in its path. 

My hands began to shake as I felt a wave of fear rush over me until I felt a hand, George's hand, lay place on my right shoulder. His hand bringing me back to reality that he and the 3 others were there with me, his smile reassuring me I'll be protected and the twinkle in his eyes showing the hope that we can collectively make it through this...

Once inside the fortress, we stick together like penguins in a snow storm, each person guarding a different angle that we could be crept up on. Weapons in hand and armour covering every exposed piece of our bodies we moved forward through the corridors, up stairs and across bridges over extensive lava lakes. The constant drone of blazes now ringing in my ears as the rattle of skeletons neared ever closer, the metal clang of our armour as we moved and the constant reassurance from George stood next to me. 

We were then turning a corner when a group of these tall, dark skeletons noticed us. Six, there were six of them. They were unlike anything I had ever seen, they haunted my vision as Dream and Techno advanced in front of where George, Sapnap and I were stood. They took care of the majority whilst I was stood to the left of both Sapnap and George, us all watching the two in front kill those beasts. Until I felt a burning in my right hand side, I looked down to see black oozing from my abdomen, seemingly creeping its way up my torso, down my arms and legs until the searing pain knocked me out... Darkness.

I shot up to a sitting position in what felt like half a second. I had never been to the Nether Dimension before so I had no idea what that dream was, was it real? Was it foreshadowing the future? Or was it all just a fragment of my wild imagination and those beasts aren't actually real? A thousand thoughts rushed through my mind at once as I reached my arms up to run my hands through my hair until I saw it...

The darkness, the black oozing that overtook my body was there, creeping down my arms to reach my hands. "I'm awake, aren't I?" I say out loud. I begin to scratch my arms, trying to get rid of the wither that was stuck to me. "Why won't it come off?" I whisper as tears sting at the corner of my eyes. I look down and the wither is streaming down both my legs and oozing out of the place where I felt the burning pain in my dream. "What is happening?" I begin to choke as tears fall down my face.

I continue to scratch my arms and legs desperately to try and rid of the wither "Why won't it come off me?" I shriek as I try to stand to my feet. My legs feel wobbly and I can't balance myself properly. I stumble out of my room and to the bathroom at the end of the hallway. I can't find the light switch as my vision spins and becomes dark. I manage to find the tap and turn on the faucet allowing the cold water to begin filling the sink. I dip my hands in the water, attempting to wash off the wither from my arms using the water. I continue to scratch at the wither, now cutting deep scratches in my skin with every movement I make.

I begin to hyperventilate as my lungs seize up and tears begin to roughly flow down my face. I scream. I can't tell if I'm screaming out loud or internally but I'm screaming, "It won't go away, why won't it go away?" I choke through the tears and screams until I feel a pair of arms wrap around me, I hear Dream's voice but I don't see him "Y/N what's wrong? Talk to me Y/N" I hear him say but I still can't see him. I begin to struggle, still clawing at my arms as he tries to grab a hold of my arms but not succeeding. I use my hands to push myself away from him, backing up on the floor at the corner of the bathroom, screaming as tears flow down my face, still trying to claw away the wither streaming down my arms. 

"Techno get in here" I hear Dream shriek followed by thudding footsteps, Techno's footsteps. I feel another pair of hands grab me, they snake around my waist and pull me up into his lap. He places each of my legs either side of his torso as he rocks me gently in his lap "Love speak to me, what's wrong?" I begin to hyperventilate even more as I try my hardest to choke out breathlessly "It won't g-get off me, the w-wither, it's on m-my arms" as I begin to shake "Dream she's having a panic attack, go get George and Sapnap with some bandages" I hear Techno order roughly. 

My arms drape over his shoulders, hanging loosely and lifelessly over his back as I feel him begin to rub his hands up and down the entirety of my back, slowing down my breathing as I close my eyes and cry. I feel one of my hands be grabbed by someone, I open my eyes but I still can't see anything, just darkness until I hear George's voice, his comforting and soft voice "I'm right here Y/N, you're okay just breathe" he says as he rubs gentle circles on the palm of my hand, occasionally squeezing my hand reminding me he's here.

"Y/N, Dream and Sapnap are going to bandage your arms up okay? We'll make the wither go away" George whispers as I slowly nod my head, still being held tightly against Techno's bare chest. 

After being bandaged up, my vision slowly returns as I still choke through the tears. I feel Dream's hand running through my hair and wiping away the tears from the face, his rough and coarse but gentle hands helping me out of the trance that I feel trapped in. "Is the wither gone?" I cry as I can't bring myself to look "Is it still on my stomach?" I once again question as Techno pulls me away from him to look at my stomach "There's nothing there Y/N, you're safe" he whispers into my ear as he pushes me back tightly against his chest as George or maybe Sapnap, I'm not sure, run their hands gently over my arms allowing me to come back down to reality with the feeling of touch.

"She can sleep with me tonight guys" I hear Techno softly and deeply speak to the rest of the guys as they agree. Still straddling Techno's lap, I feel him get up to a standing position, my arms still hanging over his shoulders, swaying lifelessly as he walks. A wave of exhaustion hits me as I lay my head on his shoulder as he carries me into his room and to his bed. He gently puts me down as climbs into bed with me. He lays facing me, our foreheads touching, as he repeatedly plants tiny kisses on my lips in between whispers of "I'm right here Y/N" "You're safe now" "You can sleep my love".

One of his arms is under my neck, allowing me to rest my head on his arm, whilst his other arm is wrapped around my waist pulling me into him. He continues to plant small kisses on my face as he wraps one of my legs over his hip, pulling me closer to him. He keeps me in this tight embrace until I drift off into sleep. I don't feel scared to sleep this time...

----------TIME SKIP----------

I begin to gently stir the next morning as Techno rubs little circles on my waist, his forehead still touching mine as I gently open my eyes "Good morning love, you're in bed with me. You're safe okay?" He whispers softly. "You've got bandages on your arms and legs from little cuts, but you're safe Y/N" he explains to me as I nod my head.

I hear gentle taps on the door "Come in" Techno says as Dream, George and Sapnap walk in "How is she?" Dream asking, fear and sadness laced in his voice, Techno and I still laying in the same position as what I woke up in, "She's okay, a little shaken up but better". I feel the bed move slightly as Dream, George and Sapnap join Techno and I in a big group cuddle. I feel the safest I've ever felt, being entangled in all of their embraces and I breathe shallow breaths, still coming to terms with waking up.

I haven't yet witnessed the bandages on my arms or legs or what's being hidden beneath them...

~~~~~~~~~

1629 words

Hellooo, this was quite a dark chapter but had to be done to help lead onto the following chapters.

I hope you're okay?

Love you x

Ellzies out