Chapter 16 - Fireflies

----------THE NEXT MORNING----------

George POV

This morning I woke up excited for our upcoming adventure to the Nether. The amount of times I used to play Minecraft, the Nether dimension was by far my favourite. However, I couldn't seem to shift the constant nerves looming at the pit of my stomach every time I thought of Y/N and her fears of the Nether.

Anyway, no time to dwell on what could happen. I began to wake myself up and get ready for the day...

After a shower and a spot of breakfast, I began my work on enchanting everyone's armour and weaponry to ensure our safety in the Nether. My skill being the crafter means that I have the ability to read the ancient language of enchantments. I prioritised looting and sharpness on swords, efficiency and unbreaking on tools and protection on armour...

Y/N POV

Whilst George was busy enchanting our gear, we decided it would be advantageous to give the guys some training in combat. We all needed to protect each other in the Nether so first priority was making sure that we could all not only protect each other but also ourselves. 

Every time the thought of the Nether crossed my mind, it would make me shiver and lose concentration. This is not what I need right now...

We all practised with stone swords as our weapons were being enchanted... and it's probably a good idea not to practise with our more powerful weapons just in case we get hit. 

Everyone could hold their own but I wanted to refine their skills more.

----------TIME SKIP----------

George POV

After a few hours, I walked out into the back garden to see the four training with stone swords. I have to admit that I was getting quite used to our new lives in this Minecraft world, just the 5 of us. 

I called everyone inside to have some lunch and so we could formulate a plan for our pending adventure...

We all gathered round the table, eating leftovers for lunch. "So what's our game plan for this trip then?" I began the conversation with. I saw Y/N's face turn white...

"Well we have our lava pool in a cave a few hundred blocks west from here so I suggest we set out first thing in the morning as it'll give us this afternoon to prepare and get our gear together." Dream offered, to which we all agreed and nodded our heads. "There'll be plenty of food in the Nether as we can use Hoglins for meat if we run low but make sure you're all well stocked for a while at least" Techno then suggested. I noticed Y/N was quiet, unusually quiet. I looked in her direction to which her eyes darted to mine. I mouthed a subtle 'you okay?' and she gently nodded before turning away again. 

I didn't want to say anything in front of the others but I had a bad feeling about this Nether trip...

----------TIME SKIP----------

Y/N POV

I spent the rest of the afternoon and well into the evening just pacing my bedroom. I had the curtain open to sit and watch the sunset for a while, it was therapeutic watching the horizon turn an incandescent orange and the clouds a pale pink. Thoughts flooded my mind as I pottered about my room organising my things for the journey tomorrow, the main thought rotting my mind being 'was my nightmare foreshadowing the future?'. 

I didn't want to tell the others my worries and fears, although I'm sure they all probably know by now how scared I am to go into the Nether. I have complete faith in all the guys that they will keep me safe but my dream was so real. Scarily real...