Chapter 21 - Down by the River

Dream POV

After a long of day of brewing with George and the others doing jobs today, the evening had drawn in and outside the weather was much calmer than when I woke up this morning. It felt like a peaceful summer night; the full moon beaming high in the sky, small wisps of cloud travelling slowly through the night, a slight breeze passing through the trees provoking a little dance with the leaves. Mobs littered the land outside of our house, walking with no meaning, no purpose. The undead skeletons and zombies trying to figure out their origin, their previous life but to no avail, so they continue to wonder eternally... "Dream... Dream you good?"

I was brought out of my trance by a firm grip on my shoulder "Hey Dream, are you okay?", realising it was Sapnap's voice I turned to face him. Rubbing my face with my hand I replied "Yeah sorry Sap, I guess my mind was a bit preoccupied by the view outside. Yanno I find it fascinating to watch the mobs at night." Sapnap giggled "It's alright, now what's for dinner?" Typical Sapnap!

"Yanno you could try cooking dinner once Sap" I cheekily grinned as I playfully punched his shoulder "No please not Sapnap's cooking!" George shrieked in fear of Sapnap's horrendous cooking.

"Okay, well how about steak and vegetables for dinner tonight?" I suggested, looking at the abundance of potatoes and carrots in the chests "Sounds good Dream" Techno contributed whilst still engrossed in his book. 

----------TIME SKIP----------

After a while, I'd boiled the vegetables and seared the steaks just how everyone likes them: me - well done, George - well done, Sapnap - medium rare, Techno - rare (how I imagined everyone would like to eat steak).

We were sat in a comfortable silence, under a dim light around the kitchen table. It was nice eating together with the guys but it felt weird with Y/N not being here with us, she always brought light to sad situations and make jokes to cheer us all up. 

Just as I was thinking about Y/N and her light spirit, I heard a bang noise upstairs "Hey, did anyone else hear that?" I quickly broke the silence amongst us. "Hear what Dream?" George had a confused expression. I heard a bang again... "Come on, no one else just heard that?" I questioned again thinking I might be going crazy or hearing things. "Yeah I heard it, could it be a mob on our roof?" Techno suggested. 

"Techno..." 

We all heard it that time, a croaky and weak but still gentle and feminine voice coming from upstairs. Our heads turned immediately like meerkats and ears pricked like foxes as we all sat in disbelief that we heard what sounded like Y/N's voice. "No it can't be" Sapnap mumbled.

"Techno" we heard it again, until we saw it. Her. Y/N was stood at the top of the stairs.

Techno and I raced up the stairs to help her down, "Be careful Y/N, you're not strong enough to walk down the stairs by yourself" Techno's voice instantly changed to a gentle and soft tone when he spoke to Y/N. 

By the time we had left the last step at the bottom of the stairs, I let go of Y/N's hand and Techno and I engulfed her in a hug, from the corner of my eye I could see George and Sapnap running to join us. After a minute, we all stood there finally all 5 of us reunited. 

After we'd all let go, Techno led Y/N to a seat and we all took our seats at the table again, in front of us - our unfinished steaks. 

"Thank god you're alive Y/N, we were so worried that you weren't going to wake up" George breathed a sigh of relief. "How long was I out for?" Y/N questioned with a concerned look on her face "Nearly 3 days" I replied watching as her face dropped. 

----------TIME SKIP----------

After an hour or so of talking to Y/N and enjoying each other's company, it was nearing midnight and we decided to call it a night. "See you guys in the morning" I said to Sapnap and George as Techno, Y/N and I retreated to our rooms upstairs. Once we reached the top of the stairs, I gave Y/N a hug and whispered "I'm so glad you're okay Y/N", "Of course Dream, I'd never leave you idiots, you'd fall apart without me" she laughed and winked as her and Techno entered their bedroom.