His Girls

Summary: You, Ethan and your daughter spend some quality time together the morning after a late return from a mission...

Warnings: None! Domestic!Ethan overload tho...

A/N: Hey! I know I haven't posted in a little. I've been busy starting on school. I'm Homeschooler but I still have lots of work. That's High-school for ya...well...I'll try to keep updating as I can! I love writing so never worry about me disappearing or anything! Last thing, (Y/D/N) and (Y/D/N/N) are (Your daughter's name) and (Your daughter's nickname); (Y/C/H) is your color hair. Comment what you name yours and Ethan's daughter! (I personally thought of her as Sadie or Masie, idk why) And you'll notice Ethan's pet name for your daughter is kinda random but I stole it off of something he said in the Jimmy Fallon: Madlibs Theatre because why not?

Words: 3108

»»»»»

The morning is young, the sky outside the kitchen window is a soft pink, offsetting the sun as it climbs to it's throne. The moon faded with the night, and your house is still as the grave, even with such life and joy bottled inside. You cup your hands around the curve of your mug and sigh at the warmth of the ceramic. Lovely herbal fumes waft off of the freshly boiled tea. You raise the mug to your lips, blow across the surface of the honey tinted water and take a hesitant sip. When it doesn't seem hot enough to burn your tongue, you take a long drink and then set the cup back down. Gently. You wouldn't want to wake the others in your house.

Just down the hall, behind doors facing opposite to each other, your husband and daughter sleep soundly.

As you think of their sleeping forms, a smile crosses your face. You've always been an early riser, but your daughter got her lazy morning habits from her father. Your husband, Ethan, who refuses to go to bed at a healthy time and therefore sleeps the day away. He always fights to keep you there beside him, sometimes he overpowers you, others you wriggle free and start doing work around the house. Making tea, coffee, breakfast, whatever needs to be done.

Your daughter, (Y/D/N), sleeps late as well, though she doesn't mope when you shake her awake. Each morning, you or Ethan creep into her room. It never changes. The walls, painted a sunset orange, radiate comfort and safety under the intense early sun's glow. Wrapped in her purple comforter, (Y/D/N) is always curled into a tight ball, cuddling one of her many stuffed animals against her chest while her long, (Y/C/H) hair splays out around her small face. You find her that way every morning, even this very morning, before you made tea for yourself. Ethan had come back from a mission later than normal last night and he hadn't even eaten anything. He simply got undressed, took a shower and went to bed. (Y/D/N) was already tucked in. She still didn't know her daddy was back.

Knocked out cold, Ethan didn't notice you wake up.

Or if he did, he faked it well.

You take one last sip of your tea and then get up from kitchen island to rinse out the mug in the sink. You may be the morning person of the Hunt family, but you sure as Hell aren't washing any dishes at 6:20. You leave the mug among old dishes from the night before and tip toe back through the house towards (Y/D/N)'s door. Taking the doorknob carefully in your hand, you turn it and nudge the door open a sliver.

A quiet chuckle rumbles in your throat.

(Y/D/N) is in an absolute knot of her bedding. This time, her stuffed animals are clustered about her head, probably tangled in her hair. Biting your lip to keep from laughing too loud, you squeeze into her room and glide soundlessly across the carpeted floor. For all your efforts, you really don't have to try that hard not to wake (Y/N/D), she's a rock. It's almost like she loses the ability to use any of her senses once she's hit a pillow. Ethan falls asleep fast when he's at home, but he can't unwrite himself. He's an Agent, a warrior, constantly on his toes, awaiting the stroke of the enemy to fall on him, or his family. You've tried to tell him he doesn't have to be so alert at home, but your reassurances fall on his 'deaf' ears. A single sound, odd or completely within the normal, can jolt Ethan out of a dead sleep.