The Jacket (1K Reads Special)

Summary: (Maverick x Reader) You get attached to Maverick's aviator jacket, not that he minds...

Warnings: None!

A/N: THIS BOOK HAS 1K READS! GOODNESS GRACIOUS GREAT BALLS OF FIRE! I am SO excited that people are reading this book! Tom Cruise lacks fanfiction material on Wattpad and I love seeing all my Tommy Boy stans in the comments and adding these One-Shots to their reading lists! It makes my day! If y'all like Maverick as much as Ethan (and Tom of course) you should go read my Maverick x Fem!OC fanfic, "Solace." Thanks again for 1K reads! I got into some technical issues with Wattpad so I couldn't post this directly after we hit the milestone but here I am now! Enjoy this special Maverick x Reader One-Shot to celebrate! 

Words: 2178

»»»»»

Recently, your relationship with the Top Gun academy's best pilot has come out in the open, more than it ever has been. It wasn't so much a conscious decision as it was just a reaction. When you first started flying as Maverick's RIO, it wasn't because he was trying to seduce you. The opposite actually. You're the only girl on the team and he's the one guy who didn't ogle you. He smiled at you like a normal human being should, shook your hand, and introduced himself. Sure, he could be flirty, but where's the harm in that? He never really made a move on you until after a flight almost went wrong.

Some idiot messed around with your plane.

You nearly died.

Maverick stayed by your side in the hospital, day in and day out. His superiors had to come in and drag him out. Even Goose gave up trying to get him back into the pilot seat. You remember so vividly for being so completely exhausted and unwell, his hand locked around yours, thumbs rough yet comforting, stroking your skin as tears welled in his voice. I love you, (Y/N), I'm not gonna leave you ok, you can't leave me. We're a team. We stick together, alright?

It's been months since you got hurt.

Months of dating in secret following the day he took you home from the hospital and kissed you against the doorway, holding onto you like you were gonna slip through his fingers.

As you get ready to make some breakfast, your fingers wander to your lips, brushing over them, tingling with the feeling of Maverick's kisses. You blush and smile like a dork. You've never known anyone like Maverick before. He's so intense. So determined. He can be cocky and annoying and headstrong but underneath all that macho is someone who's got a good heart, a strong desire to love and be loved and do what's right. Even if that means bending the rules until they break. You love that about him. He's the only one who didn't question you being a girl in the force. To him, you were a fellow rule breaker. Changing people's point of view. Doing the impossible.

Plus, your flying turns him on real good.

The thought of Maverick being flustered and aroused makes you laugh as you skip into the kitchen, only to find your boyfriend at the counter.

He's got his feet up on the countertop, reclining in his seat, his jacket thrown over the chair next to him. You shake your head and bite back a laugh. On your tippy toes, you sneak behind him and throw your arms around his upper body. Maverick seizes up, just shy of jumping out of his skin. You run your hands down his white shirt that clings to his muscled chest. Immediately, Maverick eases up. His head rolls back, leaning against your shoulder, eyes fluttering closed and mouth stretched into a shiny smile. His teeth sparkle in the early morning sun. You laugh as you continue to stroke his front. One of Maverick's eyes peel open a sliver, revealing a bit of his beautiful green eyes.