Study Buddies to Friends to...

Summary: When struggling with schoolwork, you get help from someone unexpected...

Warnings: A very fluffy yet hot Young!Tom Cruise...prepare yourselves...

A/N: Sooooo I wrote this for my friend, who I call Ghost (that's the Top Gun Call Sign I gave her) because we both struggle with Math and I saw this picture of Tom that I thought was so hot but so adorable too and it inspired this One-Shot! (Its somewhere buried in the One-shot below...) I'm hoping to finish up the House Arrest mini series I started very soon! Until then, I hope you enjoy this pairing with Pre-Top Gun Tom Cruise...

Words: 2938

»»»»»

Ok, you really hate to admit it, but despite all your efforts you've really been struggling in Math. It just doesn't get any easier, no matter how many tutors you have or how many hours are wasted away into the dark of night, cramming in study sessions and a plethora of notes into your half fried brain. Nothing has helped. Nothing will. You're pretty much a loner with no friends, an obsessive love of film and fantasy, and a terrible Math grade.

Well...that was until you ran into Mr. Risky Business.

Yeah, Tom Cruise, every girl's new heart throb has joined the ranks of wild hormonal teenagers at your high school and although he's got the potential to be the King of the School, he's stuck to the shadows so far. He's got friends...he's got the girls who follow him around...but he's actually kind of quiet. You can't deny he's cute, but you don't like fame, especially if it latches onto you, so you haven't tried to talk to Tom at all.

In fact, at the rate you were going, you figured you wouldn't speak to him at all before graduation!

As fate would have it, you got to do more than talk.

It started when you were struggling with homework in the library. Math homework (what else?), and in a rage you threw your pencil across the room where it hit a bookshelf and rolled into the center of an aisle.

You let out a primal growl and dropped your head into your hands, tearing up your scalp in a frustrated frenzy.

Someone clears their throat above you and something thin and hard raps you on the head.

"Ow," you grumble, peeking up at the stranger.

It's Tom.

Tom. Freaking. Cruise.

"Dropped this?" He asks, a cheeky smile on his face.

Oh you know that smile. Every person who's seen the Risky Business cover knows that smile.

"No," you blurt, reaching out and snatching your pencil out of Tom's hand. "I threw it, thank you very much."

"Threw it? How come?"

"Ummmm," You force your elbows down on the table, pushing yourself straight in your chair and gesture to the packet of papers you've massacred with scribbles and incomplete equations. "Math."

Tom chuckles. His subtle yet hearty laugh draws your attention away from your homework and back to his face. He's certainly a looker. Something magical happened when God put this one together. He's got full brows, a step away from being wild but it only accentuates the softness of his cheeks. They're a bit round for someone his age, but the sharp line of his jaw and the firmness in the bridge of his nose balance it all nicely. His eyes, emerald green, hidden from sunlight, pierce yours, staring what feels like right through the back of your head. The mop of hair he keeps on his head he's combed back, though the day's activity - gym class mainly - has mussed it up.