House Arrest, Part 3

Summary: Now that Ethan's kissed you - on the cheek - your emotions wage war and you realize you care more about Ethan than you care to admit...

Warnings: Mild language I guess?

A/N: Finally whipped this conclusion up! I know I started this miniseries forever ago but anyways, here's part three! I'm trying not to do long One-Shot miniseries because I have two fanfics to write and school things to write as well so...yeah. Anyways, I hope you enjoy this conclusion to House Arrest! 

Words: 2908

»»»»»

"Goodnight, (Y/N)..."

Through the usual morning fog, you reach up to your face and gently run your fingertips across your cheek bone. The skin tingles, remembering the warmth of Ethan's lips. The fleeting kiss that haunted every one of your dreams and will certainly follow you around for the rest of the day. You groan, and pull your hand away from your cheek. Butterflies flit about your stomach while your head pulses. You blink away the mist coating your eyes, catching the sun's first rays that peek into your bedroom. As your vision clears, you kick back your blankets from the web they've formed around your ankles and drop onto the floor. The impact resounds throughout the house and you cringe instinctively.

Ethan will surely have heard you and shaken awake...

If he even allowed himself to sleep.

The thought of him bleary eyed and tense, all alone on the couch stabs you in the chest. It's for that very reason that you wanted to stay up with him. You stumble around your room, getting dressed and ready for the day to keep from getting hooked on the past. There's nothing you can do about what happened last night. Ethan made you go to bed, so you obeyed, which, looking back, was very uncharacteristic of you. Your own father complains about your hard head and yet a week into knowing your IMF bodyguard you let him rule your life? You stare down at your hand, hovering over your doorknob and hesitate. All of you is itching to check on Ethan, to hear his voice, the same tender voice that he bid you goodnight with and feel his flesh brush yours. Maybe it won't be his lips...but a hand? Or an arm or anything really.

Just imagining your knees knocking as you sit on the couch tackles you with a ticklish sensation. You blush and shake your head.

The fluttering refuses to relent so you ignore it and push your door open.

The house is absolutely still.

Which means...

A smile graces your lips. Ethan.

Your heart swells at the sight of him clocked out on the couch. His head rests on the back of the couch, craned uncomfortably to the left. Even in his sleep, his hand lays less than a reach away from his gun. On tip toe, you creep towards him and very slowly pick up his weapon. Ethan twitches in his sleep. A nerve in his neck locks and releases and he sinks further into the cushions. You can't help but giggle under your breath as you set the firearm on the coffee table where he can't accidentally shoot you with it. While being shot would hurt like Hell. A pain you'd prefer not to familiarize, it would almost be worse for Ethan to live with the guilt of having shot you out of an Agent's reflex.

Once the danger is cleared, you pick up a blanket off the other sofa and shake it open. Then, you carefully drape it over Ethan, making sure to cover every inch of his body save his head. Ethan murmurs something incoherent but stays relatively still. You tuck the blanket around Ethan's shoulders and under his arms. As you fit the cloth to his form, you can't help but graze your hands along the muscle now hidden. Your eyes flicker up to his face, relieved to see him fast asleep. Your heart softens, melting for the IMF Agent. The burden he bears day to day in protecting you is gone, but only for this moment. Right now, the crease you've noted between his brows when you've caught him pensive or concerned is nowhere to be seen. It's merely soft, malleable flesh between relaxed brows, and heavy lids.