Faery Love

Summary: You, a woodland faery get tired of Jack's game of 'hide-and-seek'...

Warnings: Passionate, somewhat sensual kissing. 

A/N: Soooo I watched Legend, one of Tom Cruise's first movies and...it was the dumbest thing ever. Super 80s cheese. There at LEAST was a plot but it was hilariously stupid and melodramatic. Still, I feel like the idea behind the movie is cool and Tom's character would make a cute boyfriend and as someone who wishes they were a wood nymph who never had to be inside or wear shoes, I would DIE TO LIVE IN THIS WORLD! That aside, I whipped this up when I was brain dead and needed some Cruise Love, as Simon Pegg puts it. So...here this is. It probably sucks, but whatever! Also, if you chose to watch Legend after reading this, prepare yourself, because Jack like...wears a long tunic but not really any pants the whole movie and his thighs are incredibly distracting. 

Words: 1171

»»»»»

The forest is your mother, and one might go so far as to say the sky above is your father. Your feet have never known shoes. You take light steps only nature hears and flit from tree to tree on wings, silent. Your hair pools down your back, tangling with blades of grass. There seems to always be a rainbow of petals knotted in your lengthy, silk locks. Your eyes glow a lovely amber like the sticky innards of the trees; your skin shimmers as if it were made of diamonds; purely harvested. Everything about you is otherworldly, and foreign to the ways of the humans who wander in and out of the woods. You may appear to their eye, a young lady, blossoming into youth, incredibly fair and seemingly normal – aside from the pair of luminescent membranous wings sprouting from your back.

Looks, as they say, can be deceiving.

Though your wings tend to break the news sooner than you could with your own mouth.

For you aren't a human girl at all.

You're a faery.

The Daughter of the Forest, other sprites call you. Shepherd of the Skies.

You walk; you fly; you dance; you sing.

And all who witness your quaint activity are captivated.

So it was with the lost boy who stumbled upon you while you dipped your feet into the brook and sang. Jack. He startled you at first, and you ran. But the boy was determined, and found you again, resting underneath your favorite willow. There, you first exchanged names.

(Y/N) and Jack.

Two souls, strange and lonely.

Children of the Forest.

Jack, it turned out, had no parents, no home, and nothing but the clothes on his back and whatever the trees provided him with.

Your heart was moved by his tale, and you offered him a place at your side.

"I can show you the center of the woods. It's very Soul. I will teach you to understand the trees and the creatures. We won't ever have to be alone again."

Jack didn't hesitate.

Clearly, your faery magic eased his decision making skills, but not even your power has the capacity to manipulate the human mind. Faery magic or not, Jack made his choice from the depths of his own heart, and you are forever grateful.

The months following were sheer bliss as you taught Jack everything there is to know about magic and nature. If he had wings, you would've taught him to fly, but alas, that is where your lessons came to an end. Jack was – and is – a quick learner, and in no time, he could disappear into the foliage like any other wood nymph. Each moment shared between you was peaceful. Jack brought humor into your life, and you brought a tenderness he'd never known. The two of you ate, played and worked together, hardly ever having a second apart. This sudden joining at the hip, so to speak, whittled away at any boundaries or discomfort until you and Jack fully gave up your trust to one another. That sacrifice paved the way for a rare and beautiful love to bloom.

Months of steady growth saw the flower of your affections become an uncontrollable weed.

No less than a year later, you and Jack had fallen in love.

And the rest is history.

"Jack?" You call out. "Jack?"

"(Y/N)." Jack laughs from afar.

You crinkle your nose and bounce into the air, fluttering your wings and propelling yourself deeper into the forest in search of your lover. He's quite the tease, and has an unhealthy fondness for a game he calls 'hide-and-seek.' You once enjoyed it, back when Jack wasn't such a mushroom-head, obsessed with making you hunt for him just to get a kiss. You flit to and fro, peeking around trees and behind bushes, listening for the sound of Jack. Footsteps, laughter, breath, anything to give him away so you can have that kiss. Honestly, you'd have thought that you, being the faery, would be the impish one, but oh no, Jack is the trickster. The entire forest knows to look out for his antics.

Shaking your head, you sigh loudly. "Jack!"

"Given up?"

"I want my kiss!" You whine.

Pathetic, yes, you know.

But you're desperate.

The two often go hand in hand.

Or so these games of 'hide-and-seek' have led you to believe.

"Close your eyes!"

"Why?" You inquire stubbornly.

"Close them," Jack repeats. "Or I'll stay hidden all day."

You humph dramatically but consent, dropping slowly to the forest floor. The leaves swirl about your feet as your toes bury themselves into the cool soil and you close your eyes. Behind you, your wings curl and twitch, a nervous tick of yours.

A gentle breeze rips through your hair, cutting right through your thin dress of leaves and the finest of spider-silks.

You pout your lips, growing impatient.

And then you feel it.

A pair of soft, round lips meet yours.

You sigh.

The lips part and his smile presses against your mouth as his hands come to your face, hovering over the curve of your jaw. You lean into him, grasping at his tunic and kissing back eagerly, intent of satisfying the craving plaguing you all morning. Jack complies. His fingers curl about your jaw, tight, but not unkind, as he molds your faces together, kissing with all the passion of his being. You've said so before, but truly, if Jack had been born as a fae, he would've been a spirit of fire. He might love the trees and the little critters of the undergrowth, but his heart is one of courage and bravado unlike any you've ever seen. He's tricksy, he's clever, and if the situation called for it, he could be extremely dangerous you think.

A spirit of fire indeed.

One of Jack's hands slips towards the back of your head, tilting it back as his mouth moves down to the sweet spot just under your jaw.

You flatten yourself against Jack's front.

"Jack –" You groan.

Jack grunts, his hot breath stings your sensitive skin. "I love it when you say my name like that."

"I love it when you kiss me like that," You reply slightly out of breath due to the sinful delight Jack's mouth is working. "If you hadn't h-hid...I wouldn't...have had to wait...so...long..."

Jack draws back, peeling one of your hands off his chest and teasing your knuckles. "Ah but waiting makes it all the better."

You frown. "Don't correct me."

"Yes, m'lady," Jack bows.

You laugh and tug him back to his feet. "Quit tripping over yourself."

"Right," Jack chuckles. He gives your hand a squeeze and then raises your arm over your head, spinning you suddenly around and into him. Your back collides with his chest and he traps you there, pinning his arm to your stomach. You gasp and lean into his embrace, savoring the warmth of Jack's breath on your exposed neck as he whispers by your ear, "Where were we?"

"Somewhere like this."

Though he tortures you with his hiding nonsense, you'd gladly search the whole world's worth of forests for Jack if it bought you one of these heart stopping kisses.