The Saint and The Mad Angel

3rd POV:

Fear, is what she felt at the moment, Jeanne was looking for Duncan but, the one standing before her wasn't Duncan, far from it, the one standing before her had a red demonic skull with pure white flames dancing around it, he was Zarathos.

Without Duncan, Zarathos's power had no limit to it. Both Angelic and Demonic powers in a perfect balance.

Jeanne: "W-who?! No. W-what are you?"

Zarathos only pointed towards her.

Zarathos: "Jeanne D'Arc of Orleans... Innocent."

Jeanne: "Huh? T-that phrase! D-duncan?!"

Zarathos: "Sad to say young holy maiden, that i'm not Duncan, i'm the spirit that resides in his soul, i'm Zarathos."

Jeanne: "You are the angel?!"

Zarathos: "Not anymore, only by name, not by appereance, i'm only... a shadow of my former self."

Jeanne: "...still, i-it's a honor to meet one of God's children."

Zarathos: "Even after seeing my appearance and knowing my task on this mortal realm... you still believe is an honor to meet me?"

Jeanne: "Yes, i always followed the Lord's voice when i went into battle and meeting one of his angels, even as you are now, it brings me joy."

Zarathos: "... your words hold no deceit behind them... curious..."

Jeanne: "U-uh, mister Za-"

Zarathos: "Zarathos is just fine."

Jeanne: "Ok... Zarathos, mind if i ask i few questions about your time as one of his angels?"

Zarathos: "... i would try to recall my times in the Silver City as best as i can, so ask away."

Hearing Zarathos answer Jeanne smiled with joy, confusing Zarathos.

Jeanne: "What was God like?"

Zarathos: "... hmm, he... was busy, he spend most of his time preocupied watching over his creations. It got to the point were he started to ignore us... but i can't blame him, ruling over all creation was hard, that was until he decided to retire with mother in another universe."

Jeanne: "Mother?! God had a wife?"

Zarathos: "That is right, the Goddess of Creation, that is our mother, there is also... our aunt...God's sister."

Jeanne: "It sounds like... you don't get along too well."

Zarathos: "Well... she is The Darkness after all, before Light, there was only Darkness, she calls herself Amara these days. She always destroyed our father's creations, only beacause she felt... lonely."

Jeanne: "Even a family of Godlike beings have their difficulties through life it seems."

Zarathos: "That is true..."

Jeanne: "What about you?"

Zarathos: "Hmm?"

Jeanne: "I mean who you truly are Zarathos?"

Zarathos: "I thought i to-"

Jeanne: "And none of that. I want to know the true Zarathos, not the Spirit of Vengeance."

To say Zarathos was taken back by Jeanne was an understatement, just a few minutes ago she was afraid of him, next she was happy, now for him it felt like... he was talking with his sister Gabriel.

But as much as he would like to answer that question, it was difficult to say the least.

Zarathos: "As you wish, i was known as The Angel of Justice, after Lucifer's Rebellion i was sent on earth to serve and protect humanity... but..."

Zarathos looked deep in thought, something that Jeanne quickly noticed.

Jeanne: "If it brings you pain to recall those times, then there's no need to force yourself."

Zarathos fell silent, confused. He was not used of people being concerned of his well being, just his last host Duncan felt some sort of brotherhood between the two of them.

Jeanne just showed a kind smile before she left Zarathos in his own thoughts.

Zarathos: "Father... her soul... shines brighter than the sun itself... so i ask... why did she meet such an end to her life?"

This chapter's meme: