Reckless (Karma x Reader)

One shot inspired from Reckless by Madison Beer (Best to listen to while reading) 

(warning: not proofread yet :') )

You and Karma were in a relationship for a many years now, there was no part of you that ever doubted his love for you. You both were going into your early 20s and it was almost certain that Karma was going to be the man that married you. He was your first boyfriend, your first kiss, the person you lost your innocence to... he was your first love. The both of you had your own little apartment that was earned through hard work from both sides and Karma was studying along with you in university. 

Once this year at university was done, it was finally onto making a living for yourselves at a part time job. Of course, this was new to both of you, it was both scary but exciting... most of all you and Karma could actually think of starting your own family and finally be together forever. Each day went by almost perfectly, sure, there were a few arguments here and there but it didn't threaten your relationship. 

It was a early November Friday morning, around 7 am when Karma shook you awake. "Hey, (y/n) time to wake up sleepy head." he whispered while kissing you and had a sneaky grin on his face. You slowly opened your eyes and gave him a soft smile, you got up before giving him big hug while the two of you were on the edge of the bed. "Good morning Karma." you said while yawning, he helped you up and the both of you got ready for school. Karma quickly ate the breakfast you made and finished getting ready soon after. It was now 7:45 and you guys were ready to head to the train station, each way from your home to the university was approximately 45 minutes on train, which for university students in Tokyo.

You and Karma arrived at the train station around 7:55, while waiting for the train for 5 minutes you would play random things like rock, paper, scissors. Times like this were precious to you, even if the things that you guys were doing was childish. When the train arrived, Karma made sure that you went trampled due to the morning rush of salary men and office ladies. "(y/n), stay close to me, I don't think we can find an empty seat so we'll stand near the train door." he said while smiling down at you due to the height difference and you simply nodded back with a happy expression. Karma was protective of you so he made sure no guys were able to touch you, so he always covered you with his big body. His warmth was something that always comforted you and you nuzzled your head into his chest while he would always brush his hand onto your head endearingly. 

You hated when it was your stop, after 10 minutes of walking you would arrive at the university and be seperated from Karma until lunchtime. "Hey (y/n), I have to go to the other building so I'll see you at lunch, ok? I love you so much."  he said before kissing you. "Alright, I'll be waiting for at the usual corner table in the cafeteria. I love you so much too!" you waved at him while smiling. 

You continued your walk to your classroom and saw Nagisa, "Hey! Nagisa, wait for me!" you exclaimed while laughing. Nagisa greeted you  back cheerfully and headed to the same classroom. You guys talked about random stuff about your classes and part time job but one of his questions threw you off. "How are you and Karma doing?" his tone changing while asking, this felt weird and you were forming a bad feeling deep in your stomach. "Uh... we're actually doing great!" you laughed it off, "why do you ask that?" Nagisa lead you two empty seats in the lecture room. "Look (y/n)... I love both you and Karma as friends. I don't want you to freak out because this could be me just wrongly assuming things." you felt like throwing up. What was this, why does Nagisa look so serious?  You swallowed the lump in your throat, "Nagisa, what's wrong?" he took a deep breath and looked in you eyes with a serious expression. "(y/n), you see that girl with a bob cut in the front row? Her name is Mira.... I saw her and Karma going into a hotel together a few nights ago." 

"No, that's impossible-" you suddenly remembered that Karma never came home on Tuesday night. He said something about drinking with his friends and staying over at one of their houses. Your body went into shock, your hands were shaking and you wanted to throw up. Your legs shook as you sat down. "That can't be true. Everyday he tells me he loves me... how can he do this." the tears were starting to form in your eyes. The rest of the day went by without your attention, you didn't even bother going to the cafeteria even after 7 missed calls from Karma. 

You dreaded going home and seeing him at the train station but it was impossible to avoid it, after all, you just wanted to sleep the pain away. "Hey! (y/n) are you ok?" Karma called to you as you sat on the bench. You slowly turned your head and faked a smile. "I'm a little tired, that's all." he sat with you on the bench but you didn't have the energy for a conversation. You both rode the train in silence along with the walk home from the station. As the you entered the apartment, Karma grabbed your wrist. "Something's wrong, what's up?" what's up? Are you kidding? 

"Karma... do you really love me?" you asked with a straight face. "What? of course I do, I love you the most!" 

"Really? What were you doing on Tuesday night then?" his grip loosened and he started nervously sweating, "I told you I was with friends-" you yanked your wrist from his grasp. "You sure you weren't screwing a girl named Mira?" you yelled out, any type of patience was completely lost. Karma looked at you with wide eyes, "(Y/n), please! Let me explain-"

"There's no explanation needed. You couldn't even properly deny it just now." You cried out with tears trickling down you cheeks. Karma looked down with shame, "I'm sorry, I really am! I still intend to marry you though and take care of you! I swear I'll do better, I want to have kids with you and spend the rest of my life with you!" 

"If you thought that this wouldn't be happening right now. I don't want my kids to have a cheater as a father. Goodbye Karma."

"(y/n) wait-" before anything else could be said, you pushed him out and slammed the door in his face. Your back was pushed against the door as you hyperventilated. Slowly sliding down the door, you cried into your knees screaming in pain for the rest of the night. How could you be so reckless with someone's heart?